Tripled the previous record?

• Astonished 1

16 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

$27mn Midnight Gross in China

Top Midnight Grosses

Avengers: Endgame - $27mn

Avengers: Infinity War - $9.1mn

Fate of The Furious - $8.9mn

I remembered the mass disappointment over IW failing to get midnight records (in yuan) from F8 

Endgame gonna come to avenge.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

Thats fair and I want WW 1984 to do more than :D. Keep pushing for the best

And I want both CM2 and WW184 to get decent reviews too and gigantic box office so nobody calls their first films "flukes" and just so both characters get at least three films each with the current creative teams (we both know that they both will eventually be rebooted; there is just too much money to be made). And also because I want to see Brie and Gal fighting Deathbird and Silver Swan in a future CM and WW film respectively, dammit. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

As of right now, CM actually leads CoLL on Fandango. I feel like it won’t hold, but it’s a gonna be a good day for it.

It’s #1 of in release movies not just on hourlies but on the rolling 24, which has 12 hours from Monday where it was still #3. So morning sales must have been amazing for it.    

Indeed it’s too early to really know how the night goes, and La Llorona should pick up ground there, but atm I think the most likely movie to win the day is CM.

If my metro is a trend, Shazam and CM (and LL) will be the big holdover winners this weekend, since all 3 are keeping full screens everywhere...they will be the movies to get the Endgame spillover, and the ones least likely to put up enormously bad holds:)...