Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

Just now, Jonwo said:

I imagine when they eventually do Avengers vs X-Men, it'll do stonking business but I think they'll reintroduce the X-Men before that happens.

You think they’ll get Russo’s back in 8-10 years? I can’t imagine anyone else handling this 

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

@MrPink is threadbanned for 2 days. As a reminder, even tagged spoilers are not allowed in the weekend thread.

I can't at this shit. :hahaha:

Edited by CJohn
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

You think they’ll get Russo’s back in 8-10 years? I can’t imagine anyone else handling this 

They said they only wanted to come back

for Secret Wars

• Like 3

Just now, Birdo Mandingo said:

what is funny he is fixed it right away, but since you quoted him it is still sitting in your post, thus you have exposed more people to a spoiler than him. 

We are discussing this. CJohn may be gone for a day shortly.

• Haha 14

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

@MrPink is threadbanned for 2 days. As a reminder, even tagged spoilers are not allowed in the weekend thread.

Aaaaand, Bingo! I just got Bingo on the card. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

The crossover films now are so big that they break any single human who tries to direct them. They’ll need to find a new duo or just have it be like Coogler+Gunn co-directed or something.

23 minutes ago, blackspider said:

As massive as that 60m is, where does this rank amongst you guys for most impressive preview/midnight opening?

Sith’s 16.9m in ‘05 more than doubled the previous record even though it’s number does seem rather pedestrian by today’s standards but this was achieved without any premium format screens, standard film projectors limiting prints and showtimes. It was the first time I believe it came out that theaters were adding 3 am and 6 am shows to keep up. 

Deathly Hallows Part II, it’s numbers speak for itself. 43.5m in true midnight fashion was nothing short of fantastic.

TFA and EG are pretty much a wash for me, both had a perfect storm and capitalized on post-TDKR preview landscape where you have so much room to grow.

What other ones come to mind?

The HPDH2 preview number if one of the most impresive ever. It did $43,5 in true midnight, it made $91,2 on Friday really. Avengers $60 is amazing especially since it won´t be as frontloaded as HP, so we might see a $140 OD and a $305 OW $750 domestic total

• Like 2

Potters $43.1m was w/ with just midnights too. Add more screenings and 8 years of inflation?

Potter 9 in the early 2020s will be HUGE

• Haha 1