Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Fiege will retire  to the fields and watch the sun set thinking about the great work he has done.

I have too much free time I guess but here you go.

kevin+feige+marvel+comics+300+opening+we

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Admittedly, I do feel like a Force Awakens-style Harry Potter sequel could beat Endgame, but that's something WB is probably saving until the late 20s or 30s.

Globally, perhaps, but domestically? Potter was like Twilight on steroids; insanely big die hard fans who would lead to huge midnight and opening day grossest but then they would just drop like a rock.

Potter was clearly being Batman, Star Wars, and Marvel when we last saw him. 

2 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Unlikely. What kind of stats? Can't everyone see # of people in a thread and total online?

Itll crash tonight however

553 online now including 90 in this thread 🤐

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 4

absolutely crazy to think that you can look forward to other movies the way you looked forward to Avengers, but if you can come up with a list of ten of them from the next year, head on over to the Most Anticipated Films thread and share your top ten list:

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/667-box-office-theorys-most-anticipated-films/?page=368

Wildly happy to see the huge number today (should have stuck with my week ago gut, not my 2 days ago one...oh well...I knew I couldn't predict this movie worth a damn b/c it was too big - at least I was right on my cluelessness:)...

Since I won't be getting to the movie til May 7th, I do appreciate all the work on avoiding spoilers, but I wouldn't mind warnings, especially for the long term members, if they were instantly apologetic and deleting...it takes me awhile to get through the thread if I step away 10 minutes, so I'm sure I'd miss them if the corrections were semi-immediate:)...

PS - Why am I waiting til May 7th...a week ago, my spouse finally decided he wanted tickets...and only 1st rows were left all weekend at our local (and the discount 1st Tuesday night) - and my husband hates mob scenes, so even if we wanted the bad seats, he didn't want the insanity (it's a perk of getting older;)...and our next weekend is a disaster of kid activities...so, 2nd discount Tuesday night it was (I wouldn't even wait for the Tuesday, but our kids have activities the other 4 weeknights:).  It's gonna be a LOOONG 10 days:)...but it's gonna be a great date night!

PPS - If this is as good as you all say, TFA's total DOM record will be in trouble...I'll say that now:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Wildly happy to see the huge number today (should have stuck with my week ago gut, not my 2 days ago one...oh well...I knew I couldn't predict this movie worth a damn b/c it was too big - at least I was right on my cluelessness:)...

Since I won't be getting to the movie til May 7th, I do appreciate all the work on avoiding spoilers, but I wouldn't mind warnings, especially for the long term members, if they were instantly apologetic and deleting...it takes me awhile to get through the thread if I step away 10 minutes, so I'm sure I'd miss them if the corrections were semi-immediate:)...

PS - Why am I waiting til May 7th...a week ago, my spouse finally decided he wanted tickets...and only 1st rows were left all weekend at our local (and the discount 1st Tuesday night) - and my husband hates mob scenes, so even if we wanted the bad seats, he didn't want the insanity (it's a perk of getting older;)...and our next weekend is a disaster of kid activities...so, 2nd discount Tuesday night it was (I wouldn't even wait for the Tuesday, but our kids have activities the other 4 weeknights:).  It's gonna be a LOOONG 10 days:)...but it's gonna be a great date night!

Good luck holding out till then!

Do your children not want to see it then if it's just you and the hubby going? Or are they waiting for Pika Pika?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyLL said:

That's huge for an afternoon.  @Shawn gonna be pulling out his checkbook tonight. 

Software is handling it well so far. When @RtheEnd or @Charlie Jatinder post updates tonight il be crazy 

Gotta admit, I have noticed it loading webpages a little slower 😕 

But, I'm always happy to see BOT expanding! 

58 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I don't know if this has been commented or not, but on one level I actually am surprised that EG 'only' beat TFA by 3 million.  With all of the sellouts and all of the mania and all of, well everything.  Doing some quick math, I think it beat TFA's adjusted total by around 840k.  Could be messing something up there.

3 hours ago, justvision said:

After taking into account the increase average ticket prices in past 3 and half years, TFA's 57M previews would probably adjusted to higher than 60M. I was under impression that Endgame has significantly more screens and more sold outs than TFA. So is it a bit underwhelmed if it is "only" 60M in preview? I am very rooted for Endgame, in fact months ago I already said for it to break 300M OW, it has to do at least 20M more than A:IW in preview (39+20 = 59M), hopefully 65-70M.

A few people did express the same doubt. It wold seem Endgame should did something in high 60M for previews from all the sold outs. 3 hours show time might actually hurt. I still hope 60M is not the final figure.