Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

16 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

By the way, anywhere in DHD's opening weekend range takes down Return of the Jedi to have the highest OW per-theater-average of all time adjusted.

This is a record I didn’t think it had a chance of breaking. That record has held for almost 36 years. If it gets that high, Endgame might stay on top even after BOM’s adjustment math that pegs each movie’s ticket price to the quarter in which it opened (which would deflate EG’s adjusted numbers if 2019’s yearly average ends up below the Q2 average)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

So what's gonna be higher?  EG's DOM OW (in tens of millions) or number of alts of Shivampa get discovered and banned?

(I'd say "in hundreds of millions", but I think three Shivampa alts have already  been banned in the last week or so - just saw the latest one that got struck down)

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

52 minutes ago, dsahy said:

Campea has been underplaying the MCU for months now. He still doesn't think that the MCU has surpassed Star Wars in the cultural zeitgeist. He foreshadowed his lukewarm review for EG by continually saying that he hoped that the movie doesn't suck, and had more anticipation for the Lion King and Star Wars then Endgame. Today he was comparing the Thursday night number to The Force Awakens, to use it as evidence that Endgame won't hit 300 million OW. Its strange, but it seems he sees the MCU as a threat to the Star Wars Legacy.

Campea is an obvious Star Wars fanboi. He has zero credibility. All the signs were there that EG was going to shatter records, although 300M definitely wasn't a given.

That adjusted PTA for ROTJ is very strange. I wonder how theaters handled demand for that back in the day. It must’ve just been selling out every show but I doubt theaters were staying open 24/7 and also can’t be as flexible in terms of adding showtimes as they are today.

On a unrelated note, still don’t understand how Lion Kings PTA is possible. And when you adjust it’s stupid.

1 minute ago, Slambros said:

So, we already know the film is going to do exceptionally well at the box office, both for its opening and for its entire runtime. But the question I want to ask is this: What does this mean for film? 

That it’s gonna make a lot of money?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Slambros said:

So, we already know the film is going to do exceptionally well at the box office, both for its opening and for its entire runtime. But the question I want to ask is this: What does this mean for film? 

people want serialized movies 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, doublejack said:

Campea is an obvious Star Wars fanboi. He has zero credibility.

Not to get too close to a Fan War; but how does being a Star Wars fan mean he has zero credibility? He isn’t wrong saying that The MCU won’t surpass Star Wars in cultural relevance.  Star Wars is Star Wars. It is the Granddaddy of all of them.  Kevin Feige talked about growing up on Star Wars and how he wanted to create a Star Wars for this generation. 

And that is what he did. The Boomers and Gen X have Star Wars. The Millennials and Gen Z have the MCU. Regardless,

Star Wars will always be Star Wars. Period. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/25/2019 at 9:57 PM, aabattery said:

If it keeps following this trend (this is some real kwik maf so I might be off here), could be looking at an OW above 5m, which would be absolutely nuts. Hell, if you take the current +40% above IW and chuck that onto the dom OW and that's a 360m OW right there.

tenor.gif?itemid=10187747

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Slambros said:

That Avengers: End Game is gonna become

the first Superhero Movie to Win Best Picture. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

Not to get too close to a Fan War; but how does being a Star Wars fan mean he has zero credibility? He isn’t wrong saying that The MCU won’t surpass Star Wars in cultural relevance.  Star Wars is Star Wars. It is the Granddaddy of all of them.  Kevin Feige talked about growing up on Star Wars and how he wanted to create a Star Wars for this generation. 

And that is what he did. The Boomers and Gen X have Star Wars. The Millennials and Gen Z have the MCU. Regardless,

Star Wars will always be Star Wars. Period. 

In North America yes but I think MCU is going to be the Star Wars for Asia. Marvel has easily surpassed  the popularity of Star Wars OS.

• Like 2