Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Yoh so this broke the Friday business record from 67 million to 97 million lol ?

“With a snap of my fingers I can destroy the pure Friday record by 45%. I call that mercy.”

Yeah, shit’s fucked. Didn’t think these kinds of % increases to these records were possible in the modern moviegoing era. Still think they aren’t, AEG aside.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 3

I’m no construction expert but I think it might be some time before there’s a screening of Endgame at Sydney IMAX. 

g3L8UM3.jpg

Avatar made AUD2m out of AUD117 here alone. Endgame’s seeing none of that. 

• Sad 2

Just now, DeeCee said:

I’m no construction expert but I think it might be some time before there’s a screening of Endgame at Sydney IMAX. 

g3L8UM3.jpg

Avatar made AUD2m out of AUD117 here alone. Endgame’s seeing none of that. 

I feel like you've been reporting on this since I joined the forums.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Honestly Cameron has been more complimentary towards the Avengers films than any other recent franchises

Agree. When there are comments from JC on other movie like SW7 Aquaman WW or marvel he does not say he don t like he says he likes  theme but he would like to see others films to shine or be made not just the same superheroes films.

But the media and articles on the net always missinterpret his words......

But he was happy when infinity wars break the opening records when he was with zoe zaldana :)

But imo we are not prepared for Avatar 2 i trust cameron always did. He will not dissapoint again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Just got back.  Great movie.

However I might like IW a little better.  I'd decide for sure after my 2nd watch tomorrow

I had the same reaction after watching it for the first time. After Second time i got everything cleared. Endgame is best MCU Movie yet. It's epic. Climax will be remembered forever. 

• Like 2

Never seen anything like this before. My 8 screen theater dropped everything but 1 movie (Breakthrough) that isn't Endgame or Captain Marvel for the weekend,  Monday, for now, goes back to normal with Shazam, Llorona, etc

• Like 1

Based on the current estimates and actuals we have for the weekend numbers, ratings, WOM, and expected repeat-viewing, the floor is now $2.7billion.

Yes, the floor is already on par with the highest grossing movie of all time (not including inflation)..

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Can someone please explain 357M stuff to me?? It feels like I am missing out on something. Thanks in advance :)

If Endgame is going to obliterate OW it has to be either 307M or 357M cause Avengers 1 opened with 207M and IW with 257M. So to keep the tradition going on 

• Like 1