Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

26 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

It's massively frontloaded. Not just a bit, people want to see it OW so they don't get spoiled. This is a massive event film, I would say the biggest similarity is Deathly Hallows with Harry Potter. Yes I know it's making a sh*t ton more then that movie. But it was a finale and the 2nd weekend drop off of said finale was over 68%

2nd weekend is gonna be telling could be a normal Marvel drop off like 50-55% or it could be higher because of how heavily frontloaded it is with Disney going for that opening weekend record. 

It's gonna be a very interesting week.

Hey don't be an ass just cause Pika Pika isn't going strong. Take this bullshit somewhere else

• ...wtf 1

This was the busiest evening at my theatre on record. Other “full days” have had slightly higher attendance, but today didn’t have matinees. 

I am FUCKING pooped. But it was WORTH IT

• Like 7

Just now, DAJK said:

This was the busiest evening at my theatre on record. Other “full days” have had slightly higher attendance, but today didn’t have matinees. 

Good work @DAJK. In fact, my hat's off to all theatre employees today and for the rest of the weekend. What a madhouse they all have to somehow manage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Oh my god!! $157,000,000 Friday!! 😳

$1 billion domestic is possible with Deadlines $349m guess. A billion!

$349m for opening weekend! I can’t believe it!! 

Let’s go with 350!

If that A+ CinemaScore turns to be helpful, including good hold OS in second weekend, Avatar might be shaken.

Pikachu might do good on its own probably at #2 70m OW.

11 minutes ago, Robertron said:

Sydney = construction

It’s one giant construction site. Metros, Light Rails, Motorways and dozens of tall buildings across the city. Cranes everywhere. 

Adding 100,000+ people per year does that. Melbourne is even higher. 

1 hour ago, Truckasaurus said:

5TH UPDATE, Friday 10:14 PM: And with a snap, Avengers: Endgame is getting bigger, just as expected.  Industry estimates as tonight see $157M for Friday (including $60M record previews), which is $37.9Mmore than Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ opening and single day record of $119.1M. And as for the weekend, right now the mean is around $349M at the widest theatrical release ever of 4,662. Saturday is expected to ease between -30% and -35% for a take between $102M-$109M.

Yeah, this is hitting 350M opening weekend. Will be completely shocked if it doesn’t now. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Good work @DAJK. In fact, my hat's off to all theatre employees today and for the rest of the weekend. What a madhouse they all have to somehow manage.

Thanks! It was the hardest I’ve ever worked at that job, and I trained 2 girls, and my manager had a family emergency so I had to legit run the theatre during one of the show times so I actually feel really good about how I did :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 2

So...

A+ CS, 96% RT, 9.3 on Maoyan, high ratings in basically every country.

I know DH2 was universally loved and really frontloaded, but the franchise had been relying more and more on fans.

Now, the MCU usually excels on Saturday so we'll see if this behaves like a regular MCU film (which IT CAN'T, RIGHT???????) 

23 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Definitely want to say a massive thank you and well done to all cinema employees braving the madness of this weekend. You are the unsung heroes... except the fuckers at my local Cineworld, which seems to go out of its way to employ the laziest, slowest, least coordinated people in Greater London, and then proceeds to use the MIB neuraliser on them every five seconds - as there's no other reason for them to repeat the order four times over when there's only three items on said order!!

And on that same note...if you are under the age of 40 and you buy your tickets from the concession tills, you should not be watching a movie in cinema on OW. Let alone THIS type of weekend. There are dozens of self-service kiosks, and online service. Even if you don't book well in advance, you can still buy at the cinema. Hell, buy WHILE IN LINE for popcorn. But don't do it when you get to the front. Don't take up five minutes trying to find suitable seats when the whole goddamn cinema is packed!!!

Rant over.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I feel like AOU would've possibly done it if not for the big fight that weekend.

Maybe, maybe not. That Saturday was a massive sports day, for sure (fight + Kentucky Derby + some huge NBA playoff game), but I don't know if it was enough to account for the $16+ million gap between Age of Ultron and its predecessor's then-record. In hindsight, it just doesn't feel like there was anywhere near as much hype surrounding Ultron as there was the first Avengers, Infinity War, or Endgame.