Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, expensiveho said:

So...

A+ CS, 96% RT, 9.3 on Maoyan, high ratings in basically every country.

I know DH2 was universally loved and really frontloaded, but the franchise had been relying more and more on fans.

Now, the MCU usually excels on Saturday so we'll see if this behaves like a regular MCU film (which IT CAN'T, RIGHT???????) 

The MCU is truly unique and this proves it is, hands down, the king of the hill, and I can never see them being matched. The way they manage to bring in casuals on the 22nd movie is unreal. Think about it ...21 movies, most of them playing a part in this. Hundreds of characters. Very little time spent trying to ease casuals into the story. Hell, if anything, you would expect this type of movie to lean heavily on hardcore fans - far more than Potter or SW. But the exact opposite is happening. First time I saw it, one of the people with me had seen maybe five movies in the entire MCU. She even skipped IW. Gave her a crash course while we were buying popcorn. The mate I saw it with the second time had skipped both Ant Man movies. And on and on it goes. I think we all have anecdotal evidence that proves the MCU events like this can bring general audiences out like no other franchise.

Which is to say... I can't see how this slows down and behaves differently from usual MCU movies on Saturday, even with the huge numbers.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see it beat Avatar WW(only because thats been the fanboy fallback line when TFA demolished it domestically in 2015), but domestic is still by far the most important and relevant market.  I'd prefer it to beat TFA domestic than beat Avatar WW.  Actually, I want 1 billion domestic. :D

Well, even if it doesn't beat Avatar WW, getting 1 billion domestic would be like beating Avatar anyway, since that was looking to do 1 billion in China. So even Avatar can't make the records anymore, he just has to follow them.

Speaking of which, has anybody checked up on @IronJimbo? Is he okay? 

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

People talking about 1B Dom? How on earth would that happen it would need to open like 450

Why? If it hits 350, it doesn't need out of this world legs (well, they would be out of this world simply because of the opening numbers themselves). It could be around IW's total dom exclusively from its first 3 weekend numbers, nevermind the weekdays...

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

That's after including previews. I am expecting 151-152 when all locs will be reported.

Yea. btw, he first tweeted at 4 PM EST and Then on 1 PM EST. How? I guess it's 1 AM?