Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

13 hours ago, AndyLL said:

That's huge for an afternoon.  @Shawn gonna be pulling out his checkbook tonight. 

How much do you need for 2019 being paid?

How much extra will A EG, and the seemingly expected other traffic increasing big ones cost?

5 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

when i went to the midnight show the other day there was a huge line out the door for the toilets. never seen that here before. i never even got the chance to go in them before the film (i survived though).

The same during my midnight screening. I rushed ~ 2 minutes after the movie ended (during credits) to the (there are many) toilets, nearly empty, as I left it I saw the first real wave coming running. Went back for more credits and to pick my son up, as we left again very long waiting lines far away from the door of the toilet area.

4 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yep and Marvel tried to sell these characters to other studios but no one wanted them

Avi Arad then, and he added him as a person has to be a producer... He has strong opinions about what is needed, I am so happy he is not with them anymore

4 hours ago, Sam said:

We often say that Markus and McFeely are the unsung heroes, but even more so unsung is the Marvel casting directors. They’ve at it even longer than the writers.

You mean Sarah Finn then I guess, excluding IHulk (ugh Avi Arad again), she is in every MCU movie the casting director, also in Agent Carter, Agent of SHIELDS, the One-Shots.

Started out at theatre, then Paramount, then Marvel... movies.

Own company now stlill Marvel, but also WB,... see Kong, Fast&Furious parts whatever, Mission Impossible parts whatever,... Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

upcoming Godzilla, Spider FFH, TLK, all MCU, Dhaka

TV The Mandalorian, Emergence

• Like 1

Final Friday Update

Friday:
Sold Out: 74
Other showings at 80%+ capacity: 3
Total Showings: 101 (5 other showings at 50%+ capacity)

possibly never going to be beaten.

TFA comparison Friday Dec. 18, 2015

BJ wrote:
Final Friday Tally (Anchorage, AK)

Sellouts: 29
Showings: 81

there are still 7 showings to go today but 5 of them are sold out, and the other two do not have advanced seating and are also unlikely to sellout in advance.

pretty epic friday, 5 less confirmed sellouts than the thursday previews while also have nearly 25 more showings.
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

So, what will be Endgame's effect on american/world economy? :D

Disney stock has seen a significant rise over the last two weeks but that could be down to the Disney Plus announcement but I have unironically heard many Wall Street analysts say that they have priced in a $1 billion opening for AEG and that could easily translated into stock prices visibly.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Stewart said:

Well, even if it doesn't beat Avatar WW, getting 1 billion domestic would be like beating Avatar anyway, since that was looking to do 1 billion in China. So even Avatar can't make the records anymore, he just has to follow them.

Speaking of which, has anybody checked up on @IronJimbo? Is he okay? 

I'm just fine. Avatar 2 is next year.

Worst case scenario endgame takes the crown for 6 to 18 months depending on if Avatar gets a 10 year re-release.

If anything this shows how strong the market is right now. If Endgame can make 3 billies we could be looking at 5 or 6 for A2.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

How much do you need for 2019 being paid?

How much extra will A EG, and the seemingly expected other traffic increasing big ones cost?

My comment was in jest.  I don't have access to all the numbers... maybe WB can update in the premium forum sometime.  I believe in general the slow times in fall/winter help pay for the increased costs in summer.  More users tend to mean more account upgrades which help cover the cost.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

Endgame is not beating avatar I don't get where these crazy predictions come from. It is going to be SO frontloaded.

Why would it be any more front loaded than IW?  It has suburb critic and audience reviews. IW did 2B and the likely increase in DOM/China puts Avatar in play.

Exchange rates are not helping and I think it will be challenging but I certainly would not discount it out of hand.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Why would it be any more front loaded than IW?  It has suburb critic and audience reviews. IW did 2B and the likely increase in DOM/China puts Avatar in play.

I'm not saying that Endgame will be more frontloaded than IW but Deathly Hallows 2 also had similarly insane critics and audience reception.

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm not saying that Endgame will be more frontloaded than IW but Deathly Hallows 2 also had similarly insane critics and audience reception.

The thing is DH2 showed front-loadedness by how it's previews and true day broke down. 

• Like 1

Just now, AndyLL said:

My comment was in jest.  I don't have access to all the numbers... maybe WB can update in the premium forum sometime.  I believe in general the slow times in fall/winter help pay for the increased costs in summer.  More users tend to mean more account upgrades which help cover the cost.  

That I hope for too.

There is a ~ how much of the needed money visual thing, but that does mostly not work, as far as I know.

Its more about; do you need more in the area of $3000+ still or e.g. 'only' $1500 still, considering the many golden names I see now

4 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Sarah Halley Finn needs way more recognition among fans 

Agree, see earlier post, in a big way

Still trying to catch up, 2 groups of pages to work through, in complete I guess I am missing 30+pages for now :blink:, mind blowing so far, soon again have to drive away, ... lots more to read afterwards I guess

13 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Yes ofcourse it will be frontloaded. But where do you go when week 1 is $1.75 billion. 

by next sunday  endgame will be over 2 bill ?

Edited by john2000