Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

5 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

Has there ever been a time when superhero movies weren't big? Not all superheros are from comics.

TBF there wasn’t as many until the 2000s when Spider-Man and X-Men came out. The only ones that came out before that and were hugely successful were Superman and Batman. 

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It'll certainly be interesting to see how it holds next weekend. One of the chief reasons why we're seeing such astronomical numbers is because everybody wanted to see it before spoilers became impossible to avoid. But also I imagine it's gonna get a lot of repeat viewings. It's gonna be the first movie I see in theaters more than once since Dunkirk.

I think an Avengers 1 drop is likely. 

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It'll certainly be interesting to see how it holds next weekend. One of the chief reasons why we're seeing such astronomical numbers is because everybody wanted to see it before spoilers became impossible to avoid. But also I imagine it's gonna get a lot of repeat viewings. It's gonna be the first movie I see in theaters more than once since Dunkirk.

Ive wondered about 2nd weekend too but then someone shared info showing a 2/3 full theatre for NEXT saturday lol. So there will be spillover. It sounds like this movie is multiple viewing material so that will help. Its amazing to watch the numbers for this film. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Going to watch Endgame tonight.

Hide contents

gave my money to US (horror film)

Can’t even play fair and square.

Endgame truly has the Cameronites scared

• Haha 10

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

TBF there wasn’t as many until the 2000s when Spider-Man and X-Men came out. The only ones that came out before that and were hugely successful were Superman and Batman. 

I think an Avengers 1 drop is likely. 

Depends how you define 'superhero', they dont have to be comic book characters. just heroic and super.

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

AIW dropped 15.7% on Sunday - the same would give this a $96m Sunday (matching it's true Friday)

I at first did a 20% Sunday drop but was like geez $90m is just too crazy for a Sunday.  But it obviously won't be.  This run is just so unfathomable.  :what:

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1