Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Disney is pretty much gonna be the biggest studio operating by a fair margin every year for the next few years at the very least, if that makes you feel any better/worse 

That’s very depressing.  Their schemes are paying off.

Disney is the Alabama/Patriots/Evil Empire of Movie studios :(

They even have Jimbo in their pockets now!

Edited by A Panda of Ice and Fire

Just want to say I am glad I was able to participate in this amazing opening weekend with all of you for Avengers Endgame. Such an amazing box office run right out of the gate. I will say this though. Marvel has earned this. They built this finale up over 21 movies. I mean, a big movie that's 2 to 3 hours with a good story earning big box office? That's typical. But a movie that's the culmination of a world built up over 21 movies? with characters built up in those 21 movies? A finale of a narrative that was 21 movies long? And one that just kept on drawing more and more of the general public in? 

Avengers Endgame deserves every cent and box office record it gets. Because it is anything but a typical block buster movie. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

That’s very depressing.  Their schemes are paying off.

Disney is the Alabama/Patriots/Evil Empire of Movie studios :(

They even have Jimbo in their pockets now!

I wanna know how you feel knowing that a Guy Ritchie Aladdin might out-gross Pika Pika...

It could be 350 x .50(-50%) = 175. It could be 350 x .45(-55%) =  157. This is the traditional Marvel studios average drop.

It could be a 350 x .40(-60%) = 140 or lower 350 x .38 (-62%) = 133. This would be if it's a heavily influenced frontloaded film and people rushed to see it due to spoilers and it being the "end" of the last 22 films.

It could be a 350 x .55(-45%) = 192 or even higher if it will indeed have incredible legs.

Lots of ways it can go and we'll know it all within a week from now.

Edited by Cappoedameron

6 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

@Shawn $370m huh? Damn....

I never would have dreamed we'd even be realistically discussing a number in like that in this decade.

https://www.boxofficepro.com/domestic-global-weekend-report-avengers-endgame/

If it does the 110M+ that Charlie was talking about, then it's certainly possible. People are going to be really shocked by how well Sunday holds, and of course Disney will probably project a 25-30% drop or something tomorrow lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GirafficPark said:

Depends how you define 'superhero', they dont have to be comic book characters. just heroic and super.

Well in that case Fast and Furious franchise is a super hero one.

9 minutes ago, TMP said:

I wanna know how you feel knowing that a Guy Ritchie Aladdin might out-gross Pika Pika...

Im still holding out hope that Aladdin turns into another bomb for Disney like Dumbo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

It could be 350 x .50(-50%) = 175. It could be 350 x .45(-55%) =  157. This is the traditional Marvel studios average drop.

It could be a 350 x .40(-60%) = 140 or lower 350 x .32 (-62%) = 129. This would be if it's a heavily influenced frontloaded film and people rushed to see it due to spoilers and it being the "end" of the last 22 films.

It could be a 350 x .55(-45%) = 192 or even higher if it will indeed have incredible legs.

Lots of ways it can go and we'll know it all within a week from now.

Your math is blowing my mind.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Shoutout to Hong Kong

19120_1556274286.jpg

i legit saw this happen yesterday a group of kids outside the cinema were yelling out the ending and some dude screamed at them "i'll kill ya ya gobby little c unts!"

• Haha 4