Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm starting to think this will hold onto the #1 spot until Aladdin comes out Memorial Day weekend.

Eh, I could see Endgame easily doing over Aladdin that weekend

39 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

It could be 350 x .50(-50%) = 175. It could be 350 x .45(-55%) =  157. This is the traditional Marvel studios average drop.

It could be a 350 x .40(-60%) = 140 or lower 350 x .38 (-62%) = 133. This would be if it's a heavily influenced frontloaded film and people rushed to see it due to spoilers and it being the "end" of the last 22 films.

It could be a 350 x .55(-45%) = 192 or even higher if it will indeed have incredible legs.

Lots of ways it can go and we'll know it all within a week from now.

So what you’re saying is it’s likely that the second weekend will be no less than opening day? 

Also, if 370 holds, and I think that’s not happening, but if it does, I’m going bold and saying second weekend Endgame > Black Panther OW. 

Just now, parkerthegreat said:

So what you’re saying is it’s likely that the second weekend will be no less than opening day? 

Also, if 370 holds, and I think that’s not happening, but if it does, I’m going bold and saying second weekend Endgame > Black Panther OW. 

That'd be a 33%~ drop with 60mil previews taken out.

Just now, parkerthegreat said:

I'd say "Wow, no way" but watching what's happening this weekend I really have no business saying that. I'm just going to kick back and enjoy the ride. 

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I think this is the case, especially if it hits 370 like Box Office has.

I still hope John Wick 3 can open in the high 40s tho

I think it can. It's such a different market from Endgame imo @ John Wick 3 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

If Godzilla under-performs like I think it will, Endgame could be the #1 movie until Pets 2... Damn.

I mean nothing's impossible but Avengers fell to #2 in it's 4th weekend and TFA fell to #3 in it's 5th. 

EDIT: Jurassic World fell to #2 on it's 4th weekend as well. Not saying Endgame will definitely do this but judging by these three it seems like the max is four weekends.

Edited by Mulder

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm starting to think this will hold onto the #1 spot until Aladdin comes out Memorial Day weekend.

Biggest test is of course Pikachu. 

Pass that and 4 consecutive weekends at #1. A first for an Avengers movie, and only second behind BP.

Just now, Sam said:

Pass that and 4 consecutive weekends at #1. A first for an Avengers movie, and only second behind BP.

It's all but guaranteed to cross Pikachu imo, and I could see it passing Aladdin too.

9 minutes ago, TMP said:

Eh, I could see Endgame easily doing over Aladdin that weekend

Endgame will be below $50M (maybe) on the weekend by that point. Aladdin isn't opening below that (or Solo's numbers on the same weekend last year). Come on now.

Edited by filmlover

Just now, Mulder said:

I don't think Pika or Godzilla 2 will go that low honestly.

I'm using BoP's $45m Godzilla 2 predict, but going under on it due to Endgame. Using Mendolson's Pika pika tracking but going slightly higher on it. Aladdin looks like a bomb, but people on here keep insisting otherwise. We'll see...

May 10-12 is going to be such a fun weekend! I hope Pika Pika does really well and we get a Jurassic World/Inside out or Incredibles 2/Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom sort of situation.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

At this point I'm thinking Pikachu will post an opening similar to what Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles '14 did adjusted to today ($73M). Could be a close one if it goes higher though.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1