Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

AEG is looking to break the ow record by 35% at least. Is that also a record? 

At least it's by far the biggest margin since 2000,

Potter1 beat JP2 by 25%

SM1 beat Potter1 by 28%

POTC2 beat SM1 by 18%

SM3 beat POTC2 by 12%

TDK beat SM3 by 5%

DH2 beat TDK by 7%

TA1 beat DH2 by 23%

JW2 beat TA1 by <1%

TFA beat JW2 by 19%

AIW beat TFA by 4%

AEG could beat AIW by >35% with >350 ow

Edited by a2k

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

And you missed the weekend between Pikachu and Aladdin.

Ok, ignore the memorial day numbers. Looks like Aladdin will be #1 that weekend then.

Still think the rest will happen. A+ cinemascore, legs should be insane.

Just now, a2k said:

AEG is looking to break the ow record by 40%+. Is that also a record? 

At least it's by far the biggest margin since 2000,

Potter1 beat JP2 by 25%

SM1 beat Potter1 by 28%

POTC2 beat SM1 by 18%

SM3 beat POTC2 by 12%

TDK beat SM3 by 5%

DH2 beat TDK by 7%

TA1 beat DH2 by 23%

JW2 beat TA1 by <1%

TFA beat JW2 by 19%

AIW beat TFA by 4%

AEG could beat AIW by >40% with 360+ ow

In modern times, it's a record.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

I'm using BoP's $45m Godzilla 2 predict, but going under on it due to Endgame. Using Mendolson's Pika pika tracking but going slightly higher on it. Aladdin looks like a bomb, but people on here keep insisting otherwise. We'll see...

BOP has Godzilla 2 at 54 still.

14 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Lol at hoping a movie bombs. What a juvenile attitude. This isn't sports. I don't particularly care for Sony and how they do things but I'm not hoping Morbius bombs. I didn't hope Venom bombed. I was elated when it did as well as it did. People who hate Disney because of their stranglehold on the market need to focus their energies on hoping other studios succeed,rather than on Disney failing. Even if Aladdin bombs, Disney will always have their tentpoles and ultra popular IP's so it doesn't matter which of their films bomb. What you need is other studios to do better.

These companies have access to the same resources as Disney. Heck some of the film studios are owned by bigger corporations than Disney and have more money to invest in their IPs. They should be assessing themselves and see where they can improve on, and not blame another studio that is trying its best to succeed.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

And you missed the weekend between Pikachu and Aladdin.

It's an easy weekend to miss honestly. $40M feels like the highest John Wick will go and the other two openers won't factor much at all (I wonder how many people will look at A Dog's Journey and say "wait didn't this movie come out a few months ago?" ala A Dog's Way Home and The Sun is Also A Star will likely do similar numbers to Everything Everything).

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

It's an easy weekend to miss honestly. $40M feels like the highest John Wick will go and the other two openers won't factor much at all (I wonder how many people will look at A Dog's Journey and say "wait didn't this movie come out a few months ago?" ala A Dog's Way Home and The Sun is Also A Star will likely do similar numbers to Everything Everything).

Dream bigger, John Wick is gonna go for 50 after MI:Fallout like reviews!

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

You still need to factor it in though because it'll kill off demand and give wider breathing space.

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Dream bigger, John Wick is gonna go for 50 after MI:Fallout like reviews!

Imagine if Pika failed but John Wick is the one to take down both Thanos and the Avengers

5 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

So Endgame is going to have ~$80,000 / theatre average for the weekend. That's not ridiculous at all, it's only 20K more than SW:TFA.

And in like 500 more theatres to boot! The more theatres, the tougher it is to maintain a high average.

Just now, Mulder said:

You still need to factor it in though because it'll kill off demand and give wider breathing space.

Of course, I was just commenting more on it being a relatively "quiet" frame between a sizeable opening for Detective Pikachu and a big holiday frame that will be led by a huge launch from Aladdin while Endgame still rakes in the big bucks all the same.

I'm seriously at a loss for words. First estimates pegged the opening at $300-330 million, then we got a late night update from Deadline updating to $349 million, and now this morning the highest projections (from BOP) are up to $370 million OW? :wtf: