Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

I'm not comfortable making any predictions on Endgame's legs until we get the second weekend.

It's insane though how much the audience has apparently grown in one year. I wonder how many people caught Infinity War on Netflix after the crazy hype and then went from there.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, a2k said:

AEG is looking to break the ow record by 35% at least. Is that also a record? 

At least it's by far the biggest margin since 2000,

Potter1 beat JP2 by 25%

SM1 beat Potter1 by 28%

POTC2 beat SM1 by 18%

SM3 beat POTC2 by 12%

TDK beat SM3 by 5%

DH2 beat TDK by 7%

TA1 beat DH2 by 23%

JW2 beat TA1 by <1%

TFA beat JW2 by 19%

AIW beat TFA by 4%

AEG could beat AIW by >35% with >350 ow

It's not a record. That honour belongs to Return of the Jedi which broke the OW record by a whopping 60.44% I think. It would be 4th behind RotJ and the below 2

Batman 1989 - 37.4%

The Lost World Jurassic Park - 36.65%

It could be second if it opens to 354.33m but there is no chance to overtake RotJ. That would require an OW of 413.5 million

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I'm not comfortable making any predictions on Endgame's legs until we get the second weekend.

It's insane though how much the audience has apparently grown in one year. I wonder how many people caught Infinity War on Netflix after the crazy hype and then went from there.

IMO the movie was not made just for the hardcore Infinity War fans. It's a bridge to all fans of MCU films. 

22 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

If you're using BOP's you should use it for Pika as well which they estimate at 82M which could balance out to 85M.

And it's also not clean cut that Endgame beats Pikachu, it's actually gonna be probably a very close battle.

Daniel doesn't know shit about the box office

58 minutes ago, TMP said:

$370m

$180m

$110m/ $55m pika pika

$75m 4-day/ $55m aladdin 4-day

$45m/$42m godzilla 2

imo

So let me get this straight you see Endgame having a 52% drop off rate in 2nd weekend. Which is understandable 50-55% is the average drop rate for Marvel movies in 2nd weekend. I personally think it'll be higher but we shall see.

Then with Detective Pikachu you see Endgame only having a drop off rate of - 39%? Listen buddy if Battleship was able to give Avengers only a  -45% hold and Infinty War also had a - 45% against Life of the Party and Breaking in. Ain't no way in hell an established behemoth like Pokemon is gonna only give Endgame a - 39% hold. I personally believe Pokemon will give Endgame another 50-55% drop off rate. Battleship, Life of the Party, Breaking In was not competition and Avengers films did -45% against it, Pokemon is competition. Whether people choose to believe it or not.

I honestly have no idea where you got your predictions tbh. You clearly underwhelm everything in place of Endgame. Aladdin is estimated for an $80 M OW, and Pikachu is estimated for an $82 OW which I have a feeling may go up. You took your Godzilla prediction from BOP but not any other.

Endgame and Pikachu is gonna be a battle, either can win the 3rd weekend. 

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 1

Did the numbers for a 350 and 370 OW with three prior big OW juggernauts of the 2010s ((Didn't do IW because imo IW's drops are too harsh)) going to do 380 and 400 later-

TFA-

2-210.7
3-127.47
4-59.78
5-37.18
6-19.8

JW-

2-178.5
3-91.32
4-48.94
5-30.39
6-19.17

Avengers-

2-171.15
3-96.87
4-72.36
5-37.04
6-21.81

TFA-

2-222.74
3-134.75
4-63.19
5-39.30
6-20.98

JW-

2-188.7
3-96.61
4-51.78
5-32.15
6-20.28

Avengers-

2-183.89
3-99.3
4-65.2
5-36.38
6-19.97

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

So let me get this straight you see Endgame having a 52% drop off rate in 2nd weekend. Which is understandable 50-55% is the average drop rate for Marvel movies in 2nd weekend. I personally think it'll be higher but we shall see.

Then with Detective Pikachu you see Endgame only having a drop off rate of 39%? Listen buddy if Battleship was able to give Avengers only a 45% hold. Ain't no way in hell an established behemoth like Pokemon is gonna only give Endgame a - 39% hold. I personally believe Pokemon will give Endgame another 50-55% drop off rate. Battleship was not competition and Avengers did -45% against it, Pokemon is competition. Whether people choose to believe it or not.

I honestly have no idea where you got your predictions tbh. You clearly underwhelm everything in place of Endgame. Aladdin is estimated for an $80 M OW, and Pikachu is estimated for an $82 OW which I have a feeling may go up. 

Endgame and Pikachu is gonna be a battle, either can win the 3rd weekend. 

In fairness, with what Endgame is accomplishing this weekend we probably shouldn't be dismissing anything. It doesn't mean your point is wrong either, just that we're seeing rules broken left right and centre with this movie.

On 4/8/2018 at 10:54 PM, Ethan Hunt said:

There's no hype lol

Still to this day and age, one of the most iconic posts ever. It keeps getting better with every day that passes by.

Original posting:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

Someone called the theatre this morning and left a message just listing spoilers.

My poor GM who hadn't yet seen the movie who had to check the messages...

Why are people mean ?

• Sad 2

Just now, JB33 said:

In fairness, with what Endgame is accomplishing this weekend we probably shouldn't be dismissing anything. It doesn't mean your point is wrong either, just that we're seeing rules broken left right and centre with this movie.

To be fair though what TMP's saying is nearly impossible. I don't think Detective Pikachu will be #1 in it's weekend but I can't see Endgame going past 4 weeks at #1 unless it's literally dropping only like 10-20% every weekend.

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Regardless of how big the movie is to suggest a 52% drop off rate with no competition but only a 39% with actual hard competition makes no sense to me.