Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

45 minutes ago, Alli said:

Ugh, I still don't understand what some people don't understand about how there has never been a movie that has come close to selling out every single showtime for a weekend. I'd argue that's impossible. If something were to do that, I think the OW ceiling is far bigger than anything we've ever seen. Like 400m+.

We have seen it proven in the past that midnight showings like DH2 are able to generate absurd revenue when things are playing to near full sellout capacity. Now imagine that for an entire weekend of showings and the OW ceiling has to be way way above 300m. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ugh, I still don't understand what some people don't understand about how there has never been a movie that has come close to selling out every single showtime for a weekend. I'd argue that's impossible. If something were to do that, I think the OW ceiling is far bigger than anything we've ever seen. Like 400m+. 

Truth, With a large enough 3D share 450m+ would be possible.

• Like 2

I don't know who's programming Event George St.  It's 8:21am and sessions for today started at 8am

There's 58 sessions for Endgame between 8am and 12:40am plus 3 other scheduled sessions at this point.

8:20am Shazam Gold Class (4 out of 38 seats sold)

11:10pm The Curse of the Weeping Woman

9:40am The Lego Movie 2

And that's it.

I believe there's 17 screens so that's enough space and time for at least 75+ screenings today.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Note

Trailers are currently screening before the first session across NZ, Australia, Indonesia and other countries across Asia and Europe.

Meanwhile I have to wait until THURSDAY.

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

So Infinity War made $39m for Thursday previews. Will be interesting to see if Endgame can make a run at the $57m preview number of Force Awakens.

70m+, calling it now. Won't even be shocked if it doubles IW with all the added showtimes into the am. 

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

So Infinity War made $39m for Thursday previews. Will be interesting to see if Endgame can make a run at the $57m preview number of Force Awakens.

What if... Endgame previews over CA1/Thor1 OW? 

:ph34r: 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 3
  • Disbelief 1