Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, HeadShot said:

Do you think the average movie goer that didn’t go this weekend will care to watch it when they get spoiled on Monday?  

A lot of people are rushing to avoid spoilers. Don’t know if there will be as much demand next weekend 

GkcWYFRI_400x400.jpg

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

What if second weekend is a sub-50% drop :sparta:

I'm not surprised at all by low drops next week. This thing's been surprising doubters in every other facet, and people are still going to doubt it being watched on weekdays?

There's no resistance at all until Pikachu, and even then I think you shouldn't overestimate its legs even when that and John Wick are around.

3 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Do you think the average movie goer that didn’t go this weekend will care to watch it when they get spoiled on Monday?  

A lot of people are rushing to avoid spoilers. Don’t know if there will be as much demand next weekend 

I think you're overestimating how much people try to intentionally spoil stuff to people. And if they do get spoiled, unless they don't like what they hear, they're probably still gonna go to the movie anyway.

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I think there's an okay shot of that in all honesty. The love is already strong and repeat viewings will be there, but the main driving force is that spillover effect. You've got a whole bunch of people out there, specifically in areas with mid-size or smaller theaters, who weren't able to see it because of sold-out times. My local 8-screen has been sold out or close to sold out for just about every showing, so a lot of people who got locked out before will want to try and see it next weekend when the crowds have died down a bit (key word here). Helps that nothing of note is coming out next week. And unlike TFA when people were out of school, we're still in school season, so weekdays, while big, aren't gonna be that big.

370 and a sub 50 drop is awfully close to a 200M 2nd weekend. I can’t really believe that, but.... :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

I think you're overestimating how much people try to intentionally spoil stuff to people. And if they do get spoiled, unless they don't like what they hear, they're probably still gonna go to the movie anyway.

Well it’s still a possibility. We will have to wait and see. 

Most outlets are reporting 310-340 including Disney, where's 370 coming from?

The legs are gonna be interesting it could perform like a Marvel film where it does a 50-55% or it could be higher because of the sheer demand of wanting to see it OW for the GA or it could be lower cause of incredible WOM and great legs.

We shall have to see.

Edited by Cappoedameron

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

370 and a sub 50 drop is awfully close to a 200M 2nd weekend. I can’t really believe that, but.... :ph34r:

If it follows TFA drop wise, it's going to do over 200 million 2nd weekend. 

In my smaller city (Richmond, Va) things haven't been as crazy as some of the trackers have been seeing in the bigger cities.  Now though, almost every showing I checked before 9:00 today is nearly sold out, even 3D showings.  It seems like the 9-10pm shows are are generally ~50% sold. After 10:00, plenty of seats open.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackspider said:

So even it’s True Friday (96.7m) would still rank as the 5th best OD. I’m absolutely baffled. What’s the outlook for Saturday? Is it possible Sunday stays above 100m as well? 

The floor for Saturday is 110m. 

• Astonished 1

Just now, Ledmonkey96 said:

Christmas in May? 

More that with how huge Endgame's been I could easily see the spill-over cause it to drop only in the 30s. Even then at worst if it has a JW or Avengers 1 drop it would be in the 180s 2nd weekend.

Endgame weekend #2's drop will again solely be determined by how many screens/showings theaters give it.  This weekend, theaters made the late decision at the highest corporate level to protect nothing and to open everything up to Endgame.  And that opened up the spigots to an AMAZING figure:).

Next weekend, they will have two choices - how many new wide movies do they book, and do they give back any showings to any holdovers (or do they keep the Endgame sets rolling).  One thing they won't do is the overnight showings and early morning showings, so all those sellouts go away.  But do they give 75-80% of their "regular time" screens/showings still to Endgame or do they back off to 40-50%.  

As for now, I look at Endgame at 50% of true FSS as the "goal number" for DOM weekend #2 and anything else as gravy.  If we see $370M this weekend, then $155M (or 50% off the true FSS number of $310M) would be what a "good hold in my mind" would be...and anything higher would keep this train rolling and be fantastic:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Endgame weekend #2's drop will again solely be determined by how many screens/showings theaters give it.  This weekend, theaters made the decision at the highest corporate level to protect nothing and to open everything up to Endgame.  And that opened up the spigots to an AMAZING figure:).

Next weekend, they will have two choices - how many new wide movies do they book, and do they give back any showings to any holdovers (or do they keep the Endgame sets rolling).  One thing they won't do is the overnight showings and early morning showings, so all those sellouts go away.  But do they give 75-80% of their "regular time" screens/showings still to Endgame or do they back off to 40-50%.  

As for now, I look at Endgame at 50% of true FSS as the "goal number" for DOM weekend #2 and anything else as gravy.  If we see $370M this weekend, then $155M (or 50% off the true FSS number of $310M) would be what a "good hold in my mind" would be...and anything higher would keep this train rolling and be fantastic:)...

Most likely most theaters broke records for single day collections, i am sure they are on this train lol 

• Like 1