Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

Lol at hoping a movie bombs. What a juvenile attitude. This isn't sports. I don't particularly care for Sony and how they do things but I'm not hoping Morbius bombs. I didn't hope Venom bombed. I was elated when it did as well as it did. People who hate Disney because of their stranglehold on the market need to focus their energies on hoping other studios succeed,rather than on Disney failing. Even if Aladdin bombs, Disney will always have their tentpoles and ultra popular IP's so it doesn't matter which of their films bomb. What you need is other studios to do better.

Maybe it’s not because I’m a franchise/studio cheerleader but am annoyed with the direction Disney is pushing the film industry, and stuff like soulless remakes bombing incentivizes studios to try something different with their big budget tentpoles.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

Maybe it’s not because I’m a franchise/studio cheerleader but am annoyed with the direction Disney is pushing the film industry, and stuff like soulless remakes bombing incentivizes studios to try something different with their big budget tentpoles.

It's just business though. Disney is not going to stop furthering their business interests just so people like you can feel better.

Again, focus your energies on hoping other studios up their game, rather than on Disney failing. That ain't gonna happen.

5 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

The issue is Disney is making want people to want to see through? 

Like I heard for years on this forum a lot of film buffs go on about MCU is just serialized television and stroke their dicks in a collective circlejerk about how awesome some standalone movie is when likely its not even as good as that 'MCU tv movie'.

My point being what people want is different then what you want.

Disney has cannibalized the market as they really giving what people want which is nostalgia, worldbuilding and serialized storytelling.

So either other studios reach their game or cater to a different market. 

Don't be mad if Endgame just makes 700m or say 800m domestic.

It is the Twilight argument.

Twilight fans adored the Twilight movies and yet the box office runs were frontloaded as fuck because the rush factor was insane.

The legs of the Twilight movies were atrocious but the movies adored by fans.

Here we have a once in a lifetime rush factor, the conclusion of a 11 years/22 movies sprawling saga  following a film that stunned audiences in the best way possible leaving them with the biggest cliffhanger in the history of film.

Add to that Disney hid everything in the marketing campaign showing nothing from Endgame.

With an opening week end like that, an enormous demand has already been burnt.

We ll see if the movie can break the (quite high) glass ceiling of superhero movies as far as gender and ages go.

But if a franchise movie can equal or surpass Force Awakens dom and equal or surpass Avatar WW, it is this one and no one else.

Movie is an emotional rollercoaster and hits you, hard, if you care enough about the characters and the world the MCU created.

Endgame feels  SPECIAL in many ways.

Repeat viewing seems to be strong if I consider BOT members.

So I am conflicted about how far Endgame can go.

Between the insane rush factor and the uniqueness of Endgame and how it is received by audiences.

The opening week end is already LEGENDARY.

Now can Endgame become a Legendary film as far as domestic and WW totals ?

Like ET, the first Star Wars, the Camerons ?

We ll see.

My reason tells me it will be very hard to beat Force Awakens  Dom and Avatar WW.

My heart hopes Endgame will become  Lucasfilms and Cameron's misfortunes. (not in a mean way mind you).

So, yeah, make absolutely no fucking mistake about it :

WE TRULY

ARE

IN THE

FUCKING

ENDGAME

NOW

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Today is the first time ever I seen reserved shows sell out be marked as sold out in theaters around me lol

oh ya the theater that does reserved seating near me was 100% soldout yesterday for today, and the 2 theaters that don't have reserved seats had a few sellouts for today as of yesterday, but are still selling at least 3 hours prior to shows.

• ...wtf 1

Ill go with a 120M Saturday. Give me that Endgame Saturday > TFA OD number, fuck it. I want to see that because that would be bonkers.

Also i stand by my point (and totally agree with @CoolEric258) that Endgame will fuel the box office in May, not swallow it. I see a 70-100M Debut for Pika-Pika, 50M+ for John Wick and 80M+ for Godzilla.

Hell i want this next month to be fucking glorious.