Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, doublejack said:

I agree, this is accurate. This is why Endgame is going to hold the OW record for a long time. If we look at ticket sales and not dollars, this has to absolutely crushing all previous openings. It is an event like we've never seen before.

Bingo. Admissions is the key with this opening weekend. Sometime in the future the record will go down but it'll be entirely due to inflation. 

Avengers: Endgame will go down as THE exhibit of what max capacity looks like for a film on opening weekend in North America.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Verrows said:

Omg just looking around my area I probably can't get a decent seat to see this again until Monday or Tuesday!

*R. Lee Ermey Voice": YOU CAN'T GET A DECENT SEAT? YOU CAN'T GET A 'DECENT' SEAT! NOW LISTEN UP SOLDIER, IF YOU EVER DARE TO ENRAGE ME AGAIN WITH YOUR *censored* *censored* WORDS FOR *censored* TEAPARTIES I'LL PUT MY BOOT UP YOUR *censored* SO HARD AND DEEP YOU CAN LICK MY BOOTCAP CLEAN! NOW DO YOUR PART SOLDIER AND GET THAT ASS IN A SEAT, DECENT OR NOT, AND PUSH THIS ATOMBOMB'S OW FURTHER TO 400!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RtheEnd said:

I was going with Sat 107-111, 2nd update yesterday ended up higher end of trying to stay conservative lol

EG to IW:

the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Astonished 1

Just now, TMP said:

Imagine how much the actual MCU finale will open to in like 15 years... god almighty.

If Marvel Studios plays their cards right - and playing their cards right is something they've proven to be pretty damn good at - with a Galactus saga then the culmination of said saga (Avengers + Fantastic Four + Silver Surfer vs Galactus) could compare.

The return of the Russos will also be huge, whatever movie that may be. Likely Secret Wars, which could be the true finale to the whole MCU.

Thursday: 60M

Friday: 96.7M

Saturday: 109M (+12.7%) IW increased 22% from true Friday, the Avengers increased by 12.6%. I'd say the Sunday range is between -15% and -20% from Saturday.  Infinity War decreased by 15.7% on Sunday, while The Avengers decreased by 18%.  That'd give a Sunday range of 87.2 to 92.7M.

So 353M-358M for the weekend.. If it can somehow get a 10% drop on Sunday due to insane spillover, then we'd be at 98.1M, for a 364M OW.

So, looks like 370M is off the table unless the Saturday numbers go up, but thankfully 357M is easily within reach.

Edited by IceFire9yt

5 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

How close we are to effective max capacity will be indicated by Sunday. I think we’re going to be close to 10% drop 

Good point. We may see a cap on Saturday numbers but that doesn't mean there wasn't more demand. Tomorrow's number could get closer to $100M than I thought.