Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

The best part about this is that we've pretty much solved the question of the effective daily limit.  ~110 is the number for around the clock sold out shows for a movie showing on the maximum number of available screens.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Andreas said:

Hey @Brainbug I've just read on DHD that EG has grossed $15.2M in Germany, through Friday. Isn't that opening like, much much better than IW? Also surprised that Germany is above France and Italy atm.

Well yes Endgames OW has already topped Infinity Wars OW here - after 3 days (movie opened on Wednesday mind you a normal workday). Imo it has a very good shot at behaving more like a fantasy blockbuster in Germany than a Superhero movie.

Infinity War ended with 45M here. I can see Endgame approaching the 50M+ region easily with a shot at 60M+ We'll have to wait for the 2nd weekend drop of course but WOM around me atleast is superb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mekanos said:

I don't see the MCU ever having an "actual" finale. It's like Bond, it will keep going indefinitely. 

Doesn't mean they won't pretend it's getting an actual finale.

3 minutes ago, ZackM said:

The best part about this is that we've pretty much solved the question of the effective daily limit.  ~110 is the number for around the clock sold out shows for a movie showing on the maximum number of available screens.

What is the rough average of a ticket price? Like 9.00? So about 13 million moviegoers so we can scale to ticket prices for max capacity. Not that anything is going this business in the foreseeable years to come

Edited by HouseOfTheSun