Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yep.  All these shows would overlap with GOT between ads + runtime ( not to mention any travel)

5:10 149 152   98.03%    
  5:40 171 209   81.82%    
  6:05 72 100   72.00%    
  6:20 90 98   91.84%    
  6:40 156 209   74.64%    
  7:10 142 155   91.61%  

That sounds right.  I don't watch GOT so I thought it started much later.

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah. As said last night, I don't see it dropping 110. 110-115 is what I am getting. A conservative (but i tried to be way too conservative yday) me will say 112.

Great, let's get it to 115M so we can have potentially 3 days over 100M!! Another record in EG back pocket.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

If this opens to 350m

100m weekdays

150m 2nd weekend

600m by end of next sunday?!?!

First Monday to Thursday will be well over $100M. My current model is as follows:

Monday: $35M

Tuesday: $33.25M

Wednesday: $24.9M

Thursday: $22.7M

Total: $115.85M

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I had no idea that a Marvel movie was capable of eliciting that strong emotions out of me.  Christ I’m a wreck.  Might be my favorite Marvel movie, need to let it sit for a bit

If you could make God bleed, people would cease to believe in him...

2 minutes ago, SweeneySwift said:

Next week there's a holiday weekend in China (May 1-4) so I'm expecting good international numbers again

Not only China, May day is a holiday many other countries as well. I'm expecting $50-55M in China and overall $110-120M overall for May 1st.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LinksterAC said:

Fah.

Inflation fluctuated nowhere near FEX for the major markets.  Weak answer, IMHO. 

Avatar was amazing, but when Endgame knocks it down, it will be legit.

Higher than usual Inflation recorded every market that have bad ER especially developing markets, in the year of 2015-2016. 

And the way to read inflation isn't the same as ER.  

13 minutes ago, spizzer said:

I know!  We've been in the 20-23M range since SM1.  Even on the high end of pricing, this will cruise past 30M.  That's a substantial portion of the movie-going population for an 84-hour period.

That is pretty amazing, especially since you would think moviegoing trends would make it harder to do this now than say 5-10 years ago. Home theater and so forth has become a very strong alternative for many people, so to get that many of them to show up on opening weekend is jawdropping. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

$365m opening with Infinity War multiplier gets it to $961m. Not an unreasonable projection at this point. Pretty amazing. 

Very reasonable multi. Remember it has the rare A+ CS, so 3+ is definitely possible. 

Biggest factor for the legs, how many repeat viewings will we get. For my money, this definitely has lot of potential for repeat viewings. I've seen it 2 times already and there are plans for at least 2 more next wk with family members and friends. 

Edited by druv10
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, JB33 said:

First Monday to Thursday will be well over $100M. My current model is as follows:

Monday: $35M

Tuesday: $33.25M

Wednesday: $24.9M

Thursday: $22.7M

Total: $115.85M

With AIW Friday jump and internal that would mean about $168m 2nd w/e.  If this w/e hit's $350m it would be a $633m running total.  Same legs AIW had after second w/e would mean $329m more for a $962m total.  Not bad I guess. :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

With AIW Friday jump and internal that would mean about $168m 2nd w/e.  If this w/e hit's $350m it would be a $633m running total.  Same legs AIW had after second w/e would mean $329m more for a $962m total.  Not bad I guess. :lol:

I'm thinking $175m for Endgame's second weekend although $168m would be damn impressive as well. 

Edited by Jonwo

2 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Very reasonable multi. Remember it has the rare A+ CS, so 3+ is definitely possible. 

Biggest factor for the legs, how many repeat viewings will we get. For my money, this definitely has lot of potential for repeat viewings. I've seen it 2 times already and there are plans for at least 2 more next wk with family members and friends. 

If it pulls exactly a 3 multi, would need the OW to land at $367m and you get $1.1 billion on the nose. 

Just now, The Futurist said:

What woud be the hardest thing to do for Endgame ?

Beating Force Awakens dom ?

or

Beating Avatar WW ?

If it lands at $360+ million for the domestic weekend, getting to $937m is not that difficult. I don't know much about the international markets, so I will assume getting to $2.79 billion worldwide is the harder achievement. 

• Like 1