Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

On 4/22/2019 at 8:40 PM, Charlie Jatinder said:

Top Single Territory FSS Admissions

1. Fate of the Furious - 35mn (China)

2. Avengers: Infinity War - 31.3mn (China)

3. Monster Hunt 2 - 31mn (China)

4. Baahubali: The Conclusion - 28mn (India)

5. The Wandering Earth - 26mn (China)

Let's see it Endgame could enter Top 5 in either USA or China. Infinity War pure FSS of $219mn in US would be around 23.3mn with $9.4 ATP for weekend. 

China having working Sunday almost make it impossible. USA will need around $260mn FSS.

I did this post before China release, and it is certain that USA will enter Top 5 with around 30mn admissions. China A:EG FSS around 23mn, might have made to top 5 if not for working Sunday.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

What woud be the hardest thing to do for Endgame ?

Beating Force Awakens dom ?

or

Beating Avatar WW ?

Right now leaning towards beating both of them, with slight lean Avatar WW. Remember China is looking at $600M and next wk is holidays in lot of the international markets. OS WK is looking at $875M by next wk probably around $1.4B, maybe as much as 1.5B. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

or

Beating Avatar WW ?

Considering the giganic domestic opening,  it's probably about equal now. Both are quite possible, neither guaranteed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Same here. I'm a Cameron fan, just not a stan, but some of the people here are simply toxic when it comes to his films. They seem able to bring every film's thread around to the greatness that is James Cameron. After a while, their "enthusiasm" became so off-putting that it discouraged me from posting here. 

Same. Really enjoy Avatar and Titanic but I have no interest interacting with THAT group.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I remember last year people saying Infinity War would get bad word of mouth just because it ended on a cliffhanger. Lol

I thought it would after I saw it during previews, but not because it was a cliff hanger, though. I didn't think the GA would respond well to Thanos winning and the snapture.

Edited by Orestes

9 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

I just keep looking at the 350m+ number wondering if it’s even real. 

I felt the same way last week when I saw a tweet got posted officially saying 17 AMC theaters in the country were going to be open all day and night from Thursday morning to Monday night screening showings for this

And here I sit with each update realizing more and more they could have very well actually been sold out for the majority of that, too

@RtheEnd Any commentary on specific theaters?  Empire 42nd street going for a historic figure at #1 or somewhere else leading the pack?  I remember for TFA the Arclight/Capitan/TCL Chinese trio in LA came out on top.  Any surprises this time around?

• Like 2

EG numbers dwarf everything in its universe.

Its Friday is bigger than CM's weekend which is already bloody huge, outgrossing Incredible Hulk in one fine day...

Supposedly its Fri-Sat equals to half of AoU's lifetime gross, outgrossing Winter Soldier in 2 days...

Its wknd is going to smash IW's opening record by 30+%, = half of BP's historic run and outgrossing SMH in bloody 3 days...

And the story goes on...

This is absolutely insane. Tell me I'm not dreaming.

Edited by boxofficeth
Wrong info
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 1

39 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

If this opens to 350m

100m weekdays

150m 2nd weekend

600m by end of next sunday?!?!

Only 400m after that for 1 billion lol.  I give it a 50/50 chance of being the first 1 billion domestic film.

9 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Same here. I'm a Cameron fan, just not a stan, but some of the people here are simply toxic when it comes to his films. They seem able to bring every film's thread around to the greatness that is James Cameron. After a while, their "enthusiasm" became so off-putting that it discouraged me from posting here. 

There really needs to be tighter rules/less tolerance when it comes to single-issue shitposters.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

or

Beating Avatar WW ?

The gap between A:IW and Avatar is about 750M WW. Based on the first few days of Endgame, looking at 1.2B WW through Sunday, it is running enough ahead of A:IW to surpass Avatar pretty easily. It does not even need legs as good as A:IW to get the job done with such a fast start.

The domestic gross situation is less clear. Using the same multiplier as A:IW and an estimated 360M OW I calculate a final total of 947M. That's a mere 11M more than Force Awakens and assumes a lot.

I'm saying 90% chance Avatar goes down, and maybe 50% that Force Awakens loses the domestic record.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

$107-111M Saturday... 

Most recent is ~110-115, conservative 112. In other words, a 30M dollar annihilation of IW’s record breaking Sat :hahaha:

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, spizzer said:

@RtheEnd Any commentary on specific theaters?  Empire 42nd street going for a historic figure at #1 or somewhere else leading the pack?  I remember for TFA the Arclight/Capitan/TCL Chinese trio in LA came out on top.  Any surprises this time around?

Lincoln Square has had every screening sold out today. All of them.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

25 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Talkie! Great to see you here for this. I can’t even describe what is happening at the BO this weekend. 

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

i've seen some people who i haven't seen in awhile due to this movie

thanks thanos

I'm not sure if I'm one of the people you noticed, but definitely I started posting again because of Endgame. I registered during the original Avengers madness. I always read the forums here, even when I go long periods between posts. My passion for the boxoffice is similar to the others here. I always have some time to read and keep up, but I have to make the time to actually contribute anything worthwhile to the conversations. That's why I tend to lurk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, #ED said:

Lincoln Square has had every screening sold out today. All of them.

Makes sense, Lincoln Square is the best theater in the city. Especially since they upgraded their biggest theater into Dolby. It's AMAZING.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Walt Disney said:

Talkie! Great to see you here for this. I can’t even describe what is happening at the BO this weekend. 

Hi, Walt! This is one for the ages, isn't it? Even though I believed that Endgame would make $280 million or more this weekend, the true numbers have left me in awe. Remember when the conventional wisdom held that a $300 million DOM OW wasn't possible (earlier this week)? :lol:

• Like 1