Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, doublejack said:

I'm not sure if I'm one of the people you noticed, but definitely I started posting again because of Endgame. I registered during the original Avengers madness. I always read the forums here, even when I go long periods between posts. My passion for the boxoffice is similar to the others here. I always have some time to read and keep up, but I have to make the time to actually contribute anything worthwhile to the conversations. That's why I tend to lurk.

Geez, I started posting back at the Box Office Mojo forums almost 20 years ago. Fun to see some of the same user names from back in those days still featuring prominently in this community.  

This weekend has brought a lot of lurkers out of the woodwork.  We are really witnessing something special with EG’s run.

With that in mind, I bought a premium account as a big thank you for the guys who established BOT and kept the old BOM flame alive.  This is a special weekend, and we all wouldn’t be able to experience it like this without this forum.  It’s a special place for a special time. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

I think he's referring to Charlie's estimate not Rth

Well where is that at because I don't see an estimate from him either lol

EDIT: Found it, never mind. 

Edited by VenomXXR

38 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Same here. I'm a Cameron fan, just not a stan, but some of the people here are simply toxic when it comes to his films. They seem able to bring every film's thread around to the greatness that is James Cameron. After a while, their "enthusiasm" became so off-putting that it discouraged me from posting here. 

I’ve missed seeing your posts Talkie! (While I was lurking about, LOL!)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

I’m hoping legs for Endgame don’t collapse finishes between 800-899 mil. There’s like no film in that range. We need one.

800 million, can’t believe I am even typing that number. :ohmygod:

They won’t collapse, but that means you also won’t get a finish in that range...

As a Marvel fan, I'm not even sure I can describe the feeling I've for this weekend. First and foremost, movie was perfect culmination of 11 years of filmmaking. Every step by Feige was calculated, he was helped by many but no question this is his baby. Second, Russos did the impossible with both of the movies. They made all of these characters work and some cases better than their solo movie. As for BO, this weekend absolutely shattered even the biggest predictions. This weekend has gone as well as any Marvel fan could imagine. From the perfect marketing to gargantuan presales to phenomenal response by critics and the fans, everything has gone right for EG. As a fan, I couldn't have asked for more perfect weekend.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Hi, Walt! This is one for the ages, isn't it? Even though I believed that Endgame would make $280 million or more this weekend, the true numbers have left me in awe. Remember when the conventional wisdom held that a $300 million DOM OW wasn't possible (earlier this week)? :lol:

Lol. It feels like so long ago, but you’re right, it was only a mere few days ago. Even I looked at the CJohn club and thought it was a nice dream, but that’s all $300M was, a dream. My mind still can’t process that we could be looking more in the range of $350M. 

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I mean we can all agree we're going to get a seriously lowballed number from Disney tomorrow right  lmao

Yeah, some kind of laughable lowball estimate like 345M    

Spoiler

Da fuq kind of sentence did I just type :kitschjob:

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Haha 3

The deed is done. 

I was here for a 300mn Dom and 1000 WW OW. That will be done by good 20% and 30% margin each.

The film is set to beat Avatar, that I didn't even hope for.

Now what I am gonna do, I have an exam to give. So no more tracking from me till mid-June.

Meet you on other side.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 35
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

I wonder if has truly dawned on people that this needs a 2.2x to hit 800m. That is simply unfathomable. 

BvS legs get you practically to Avatar DOM. I think people largely haven’t fully wrapped their heads around the implications of these 3 days, which is pretty understandable, since they’re like nothing we’ve seen OW in this market in around 35 years.

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The deed is done. 

I was here for a 300mn Dom and 1000 WW OW. That will be done by good 20% and 30% margin each.

Now what I am gonna do, I have an exam to give. So no more tracking from me till mid-June.

Meet you on other side.

See you for that FFH over IM3 club. Good luck for exams :) 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

I’m hoping legs for Endgame don’t collapse finishes between 800-899 mil. There’s like no film in that range. We need one.

800 million, can’t believe I am even typing that number. :ohmygod:

I do not think it can miss 800M dom at this point. Even with some of the worst legs in the MCU, like IM3 or AoU legs, it is still hitting 840-850M off the OW number. My current thinking is it will finish above 900M, but maybe just barely over it. We'll know based on weekly and 2nd weekend numbers how it is looking. All I know is, we need a bigger boat for all this money.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The deed is done. 

Meet you on other side.

I'll message you my location. You deserve everything I'm about to do to you for what you contributed this weekend

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 1

8 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I mean we can all agree we're going to get a seriously lowballed number from Disney tomorrow right  lmao

350M estimate 

357M actuals 

(It’ll come true if I say it enough times, right?!)

• Like 5

5 hours ago, IceFire9yt said:

In my smaller city (Richmond, Va) things haven't been as crazy as some of the trackers have been seeing in the bigger cities.  Now though, almost every showing I checked before 9:00 today is nearly sold out, even 3D showings.  It seems like the 9-10pm shows are are generally ~50% sold. After 10:00, plenty of seats open.

Yeah... its inevitable, everything tonight will nearly sell out.  Sunday is filling up quickly as well, probably >50% full for morning and afternoon showings.  Late evening showings are very light though.