Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

• Community Manager
6 minutes ago, Amorphous said:

The amount of money this is going to make...

the amount of money getting donated to BOT....we'll keep the lights going for longer!

• Like 6

Being honest, what number would disappoint you this weekend?   

For me if it was around 230-240.  

Anything above that I’d be fine even if it somehow doesn’t  break the record

And I fully admit it’s silly to be disappointed in a film that might only make 245 million as a disappointment 

Edited by DAR
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

the amount of money getting donated to BOT....we'll keep the lights going for longer!

At this point we are getting at least another 11 years of MCU. That is a lot of OW records going down and we need to be here for all of them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAR said:

And I fully admit it’s silly to be disappointed in a film that might only make 245 million as a disappointment 

I guess I would be disappointed if it didn't break the record because that seems unfathomable atm.  But ultimately it wouldn't be a disappointment other than personally. I think 280+ is happening and I can't believe that 300m is a legit possibility.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DAR said:

Under the OW record and it is a "disappointing" opening. The hype is in place for the OW record to be broken.

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

I really didn't think we'd see a movie DOM reach the level of TFA hype maybe ever, but this is there. It matches up pretty well, from the insane, record-shattering presales, to the fantastic reviews topping it all off.

We saw this a year ago.

Just now, Ledmonkey96 said:

What about 357?

Still would be disappointed that the movie could dare jump a whole full step and screw up its balanced destiny.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Looks like Black Panther adjusts down too. I guess ticket prices had spiked that year?

Going by tickets TFA sold almost 1mil more than IW. The adjuster isn't for inflation rate it's just for ticket prices.

Average ticket price in 2015 was 8.43$, last year it was 9.11$ this year it's 9.03$

Edited by Ledmonkey96