Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The deed is done. 

I was here for a 300mn Dom and 1000 WW OW. That will be done by good 20% and 30% margin each.

The film is set to beat Avatar, that I didn't even hope for.

Now what I am gonna do, I have an exam to give. So no more tracking from me till mid-June.

Meet you on other side.

with a 1.3b WW OW, it barely needs more than a 2x to snap avatar WW

its pretty much locked to do so

If the opening is $360m, which it appears to be, here are the MCU leg ratios of films over $150m OW and what the total could be...

Civil War = $820m
Iron Man 3 = $846m

Age of Ultron = $865m
Infinity War = $948m
Captain Marvel = $1.009b (based on est. $430m finish)
The Avengers = $1.082b

Black Panther = $1.249b

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

If the opening is $360m, which it appears to be, here are the MCU leg ratios of films over $150m OW and what the total could be...

Civil War = $820m
Iron Man 3 = $846m

Age of Ultron = $865m
Infinity War = $948m
The Avengers = $1.082b

Black Panther = $1.249b

:ohmygod:

7 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Civil War = $820m
Iron Man 3 = $846m

Age of Ultron = $865m
Infinity War = $948m
The Avengers = $1.082b

Black Panther = $1.249b

I don't think its doing less than 900m domestic.  Audience reaction seems to be much, much better than CW, IM3, or Floptron.

8 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Civil War = $820m
Iron Man 3 = $846m

Age of Ultron = $865m
Infinity War = $948m
The Avengers = $1.082b

Black Panther = $1.249b

Only two of those had A+ cinemascores.!!

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

So my stretch goal for this movie is now 982M.  That would put it over Snow White adjusted for inflation, meaning Endgame would be in the Top 10 Domestic adjusted for inflation, and the first movie to accomplish this feat since Titanic over 2 decades ago.  With 360M, it needs a 2.73x multi to do it, lol.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ithil said:

Time for random speculation: If they had kept the Infinity War Part 1 and Part 2 titled they started with, would it have made any difference to the BO or reception?

I think people don't like split finales, so giving each movie a separate title helps disguise what's going on to some degree. Divergent tried this with the adaptation of the third book, planning to split it in two and give a different name to Part 2, but Part 1 was such a flop that they never ended up making the next one. Deathly Hallows, Breaking Dawn and Mockingjay Part 1 all experienced dips from the previous movies, correct?

Amazing, historic, unbelievable weekend!

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

Just now, Ozymandias said:

I don't think its doing less than 900m domestic.  Audience reaction seems to be much, much better than CW, IM3, or Floptron.

Reaction is definitely better. On my FB feed, I've seen reactions from people I didn't even know watched comic book movies. Even my mother loved it, and is giving serious consideration to seeing it again next weekend. I know for a fact she hasn't seen a movie twice at the theaters in my lifetime. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

I think people don't like split finales, so giving each movie a separate title helps disguise what's going on to some degree. Divergent tried this with the adaptation of the third book, planning to split it in two and give a different name to Part 2, but Part 1 was such a flop that they never ended up making the next one. Deathly Hallows, Breaking Dawn and Mockingjay Part 1 all experienced dips from the previous movies, correct?

Amazing, historic, unbelievable weekend!

Deathly Hallows 2 had a massive bump similar to what we're seeing now but in a smaller scale

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

So my stretch goal for this movie is now 982M.  That would put it over Snow White adjusted for inflation, meaning Endgame would be in the Top 10 Domestic adjusted for inflation, and the first movie to accomplish this feat since Titanic over 2 decades ago.  With 360M, it needs a 2.73x multi to do it, lol.

If Endgame is on a trajectory for a finish in the mid-high $900 million range, I think Disney should do everything in their power to push it to $1 billion and make history. I was surprised they didn't try with TFA to be honest. There probably won't be another chance like this again for a very long time.

3 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

I am hoping it can somehow crack a billion domestic to pass The Exorcist on the domestic adjusted list. That’s just a dream though. 

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Godfuckingdamnit where is this from?

Dunno but if this already gets you excitet you may want to watch Under the Skin https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441395/

Edit: the SJ-clip is from "He's just not that into you" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5N2WaxivpA

2 hours ago, aabattery said:

Moderation: Getting a little franchise wars-y in here, fellas.

giphy.gif

And stop being a dick to people, @IronJimbo.

Um, while you're at it, could you maybe remind @Litio what consequences the use of the Not Cool "like" for the other votes has? He seems to get a bit overboard with it in this thread.

2 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

Well, my apologies then.  I guess I'm the only one that has never heard of the word manchild being gender neutral. I will just assume neckbeard is too then so I can get on the same page!

Rest assured that you are indeed not the only one and no, it is not gender neutral as it refers especially to males. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=manchild

Edited by incognitoo

If my area is any indication, Sunday should see a not insignificant drop.  About a 10% reduction in total screenings, none of them are sold out, and some of the really late showings have no tickets sold.  Not all that surprising.

I feel as I am the only one who do not believe in the emotional side of Endgame and still prefer IW as a better film.

Said this: Avatar is done. Welcome $3b world...

Edited by peludo