Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Some poor souls still are trying to say that Rise of Skywalker will

beat Endgame domestically. Helpfully they will just admit eventually they bet on the wrong horse 

Link?

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I always thought Pirates had spin-off potential. The potential to go off in a different direction. A world like that has a lot of fun story and character possibilities. That might just be my love of the genre talking though.

I think it’s harder for Pirates to pull it off because it’s so focused on Jack Sparrow but a passing the torch type film could work. 

31 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

He's avoiding the forum in a rage against Disney

Gonna be doing that a lot more this year with Aladdin, Toy Story 4, Spider-Man, Lion King, Maleficent 2, Frozen 2, and Star Wars 9 still to come

Disney total for 2019 as of April 27 2019 (obv not counting Saturday):

Captain Marvel $1,098,094,680

Endgame $643,700,000

Dumbo $311,478,856

3 movies $2,053,273,536

This train ain't stopping for nobody. $10bil by NYE!

Edited by SweeneySwift
i'm dumb with calendars late at night
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think it’s harder for Pirates to pull it off because it’s so focused on Jack Sparrow but a passing the torch type film could work. 

Yep. I think it really depends on the audience's love of the concept of pirates and swashbuckling, sea-faring adventures. Are people really into that or are they really into Depp's Jack Sparrow? A passing the torch film won't even work if most people don't give a crap about the concept. I personally love the concept! I mean, Dead Man's Chest is the sole reason I went on a Caribbean cruise. I wanted to see those locations for myself and feel like I was in that world.

4 minutes ago, SweeneySwift said:

Gonna be doing that a lot more this year with Aladdin, Toy Story 4, Spider-Man, Lion King, Maleficent 2, Frozen 2, and Star Wars 9 still to come

Disney total for 2019 as of May 27 2019 (obv not counting Saturday):

Captain Marvel $1,098,094,680

Endgame $643,700,000

Dumbo $311,478,856

3 movies $2,053,273,536

This train ain't stopping for nobody. $10bil by NYE!

You've gotta think EG will be higher than that by the time May 27 rolls around.

19 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Some poor souls still are trying to say that Rise of Skywalker will

beat Endgame domestically. Helpfully they will just admit eventually they bet on the wrong horse 

it won't happen but xmas holiday can produce 10x legs, so if you believe in Christmas miracles

Edited by Ryan Reynolds

Mannnn y'all know I have talked shit at times and certainly some of the Marvel movies have been less than my favorite...but Endgame really, really rocked. I didn't realize how much I cared about these characters, even these movies, until the exact moment I really fucking did.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

Coming up on ten years, Star Trek was my first Lincoln Square IMAX. Still remember the awe walking in there.

Only seen Spider-Man Homecoming in Lincoln Square IMAX.  Which is a total waste, but it’s what was playing when I was up there lol.  Awesome IMAX screen though.

2 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

I assume @RtheEnd will update us.

Almost feels like a sunday here.  I everyone is burned out by what's happened.

My work week just finished an hour ago. New one starts in 14 hours. I’m just burned out physically :(

• Like 1