Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

12 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

What a great role model this guy must be to his daughter. Real parenting 101 there.

I hope your workmates are doing okay. I think I’d feel the exact same way if I were in their situation. Its good to hear no one was physically hurt though.

Yes thank god. My heart was pounding for the rest of the night. There were others customers in the lobby so I was trying to get them away and take them to tills on the other side of the lobby.

Ive only had to call the cops once (way back in 2015) hopefully never again 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

Suddenly, I just got a gut feeling...like this is it. This is the last time the OW record will ever be broken. I think we will see other films beat IW, but man let's see here, before we just had 6 movies past $200M and 1 over $250M. We've never had a $300M opener, nonetheless a $350M opener. I really think this is it. This is one of those records that just isn't going to be beaten. 

Pop culture and inflation disagree. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

Suddenly, I just got a gut feeling...like this is it. This is the last time the OW record will ever be broken. I think we will see other films beat IW, but man let's see here, before we just had 6 movies past $200M and 1 over $250M. We've never had a $300M opener, nonetheless a $350M opener. I really think this is it. This is one of those records that just isn't going to be beaten. 

Its record can stand fo 5 years or even 10. But eventually inflation will do the trick. In 10 years, ticket prices can be 20-30% higher, so we "only" need ~300M with current prices.

1 minute ago, expensiveho said:

Marvel marketing a movie as a "big finale" for 2 consecutive years could've backfired so much.

Yet here we are...

The General Audience was ready to accept Infinity War's ending. Marvel earned that ending and actually were rewarded for it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

Sometimes I wish I was still a virgin. I really take my pussy for granted and don't appreciate the shit she does for me

Why is this allowed in these threads? 

It's not relevant in the slightest. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

10 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

Only way that happens is if one of the following scenarios occur:

1. Collapse of civilisation as we know it

2. Collapse of theatrical releases 

I think 1 is unlikely. For all the doom and gloom, a major war is not looking probable. And we all like our bread and circus tk distract us from the bad shit - huge tent poles do that. 

As for 2, Endgame proves that won't happen anytime soon. We may see the shortening of theatrical release windows, simultaneous streaming, more and more big budget productions handled by streaming platforms, etc. But the truly big event movies need the biggest possible screens and sound systems, as well as the crowd experience which enhances the overall thrill of watching something like this on opening weekend. And people WILL go out for the huge releases. 

Once studios have something with a similar appeal, with maybe a decade of inflation, a new record will not necessarily be a shock. Maybe it's Avengers and X-MEN, maybe it's Alien vs Predator vs Moana. Or, my personal pick... FAST WORLD: FURY OF THE JURASSIC. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Its record can stand fo 5 years or even 10. But eventually inflation will do the trick. In 10 years, ticket prices can be 20-30% higher, so we "only" need ~300M with current prices.

Or....maybe the record stands. Who knows what the movie industry will be like 10 years from now. I mean, theater going can still be big or maybe it dies off. Maybe deflation happens because attendance dies out. I don't know. 10 years is a long time away. 

I mean, it could happen, but my gut is saying this is it. The ultimate OW, never to be touched.

1 hour ago, NCsoft said:

A domestic comeback at some point maybe, but I think Star Wars has lost its best chance (with TFA) to ever capture the interests of audiences in the developing world, and those are very important markets pushing EG into this historical heights. Star Wars will be around for a while, for sure, but it'll like be relegated to just "one of those franchises". 

I'm not sure it's completely lost but it's going to have to be a lot more than about Skywalker. 

Star Wars is mainly for those areas that were prosperous 30 years ago. It's inaccessible for a lot of emerging markets and nothing in the current saga and philosophy is going to change that. It's a franchise for the privileged. 

2 minutes ago, BK007 said:

I'm not sure it's completely lost but it's going to have to be a lot more than about Skywalker. 

Star Wars is mainly for those areas that were prosperous 30 years ago. It's inaccessible for a lot of emerging markets and nothing in the current saga and philosophy is going to change that. It's a franchise for the privileged. 

It just need soft reset (old republic?) and more lightsabers and more epic space fights and it will do fine

51 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Avengers assemble.  The world looks to have its first 330-380 plus m domestic Ow.

Can avengers end game push titanic out of 2 position ww. Will it challenge the domestic champ Force Awakens. Everyone is excited. Wowsers at what Juggernaut 2020 will do in China movie fans. As Avengers end game will hit over 400m usd there alone👍👍Outstanding. Jcs Pandorians expecting 700-900 mil usd from China now..loving this boxoffice news, as it giving us a sample of what Avatar 2 is truly capable of. End game will have its records but Avatar 2 will get the glory. 

Lmao  great joke

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

47 minutes ago, Agafin said:

No offense but I don't see why you are trying to dictate how people should feel. Like 95% of users here (including myself) are completely at lost for words for this performance. Why does it bother you if @A Panda of Ice and Fire is less enthusiastic?

None taken but you should have read his post in other thread. Since friday that's why I said it. By the way I wasn't who suggested he leave the forum he did

6 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

As a Star Wars fan, I can say that SW just isn't as big as it once was. I don't see Old Republic bringing in a lot of new blood. TFA was the peak of SW.

imo TFA dropped the ball.

Just needed to be epic and it wasn't.

Turn back time. Have a new Master and apprentice story but with luke as the master. Make sure to have atleast ONE (1) cinematic lightsaber duel with a massive score.

I can't write but 100% should have had me supervise the plot outline and it would have been better.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, john2000 said:

split ?  os/dom

Total WW, including early morning Sunday numbers from OS. Not sure if it did hit the billion mark officially on Saturday though, or a few hours into Sunday.

Estimated spilt is $270 DOM/$730 OS

Edited by BlueCore

So I just checked Fandango for my theater (AMC 24) for tomorrow.  I only checked Dolby and IMAX  shows but it is basically close to sold out through the  8:30PM shows.  The late night shows (past 11) are fairly open.

Looks like another big day 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

So I just checked Fandango for my theater (AMC 24) for tomorrow.  I only checked Dolby and IMAX  shows but it is basically close to sold out through the  8:30PM shows.  The late night shows (past 11) are fairly open.

Looks like another big day 

My theater has 72 showings for Sunday, and almost all of them are sold out.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1