Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

Saturday Night Update

Saturday:
Sold Out: 84
Other showings at 80%+ capacity: 3
Total Showings: 103 (- other showings at 50%+ capacity)

:zonks:

TFA comparison Saturday Dec. 19, 2015

BJ wrote:
Final Saturday Tally (Anchorage, AK)

Sold Out: 27
Showings: 86

Two less sellouts than Friday, but the theaters were also double and tripling down on optimal time slots today. Performance was on par if not better than Friday with 5 extra showings.

I do not have the Saturday morning performance for TFA anymore :mer:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JB33 said:

Yeah, as much as I'm a fan of Disney and everything they're doing, I really badly want to see some seriously big tentpoles from other studios. If not other studios, just something different. I'm not saying I'm experiencing superhero fatigue, but I do want some variety. I wish Disney or some other studio could come up with another adventure epic along the lines of Pirates of the Caribbean. Those movies epitomized the fun summer blockbuster. I had a huge grin on my face the whole time watching Dead Man's Chest in the theatre!

Summer 2020 Jungle Cruise

Comically large opening weekend. It may stand for several years, or it may fall in a surprise. There have been plenty of films which did break the OW record at unexpected times. After AOU failed to best TA1, many felt it wouldn't fall in ages, yet by the end of the year, TA1 had been bested twice. And JW was something of a left field winner. It only barely did it, but few expected it to be even close. There could be something that ends up ahead of Endgame that we never see coming.

Back when TFA opened (?) I think we had an ongoing discussion about what the theoretical limit of an Opening weekend was, based on possible showtimes, screens, and seating capacity. I think at the time we collectively estimated that it was probably at least in the mid-to-upper 300m range, if not above 400m, though the likelihood of getting at saturation at every theater is slim. With 3.5 years of inflation and who knows how much added capacity, it's certainly possible that the capacity is higher, especially since Thursday sneaks have been progressively earlier, such that it's almost another whole day.

At some point a 200m OD will happen. As will the 400m weekend. The film that held the record the longest was The Lost World. Endgame could beat that, but 4 years is a long time. If it's something that far out, the winner might be something we don't even know about yet.

• Like 1

Endgame has outgrossed every single SH movies final gross in just 2 days (except Infinity War). 

It is expected to become the 3rd highest grossing foreign movie in India in just its opening weekend. 

Just like in USA, Endgame has also exceeded Infinity War’s opening weekend (which itself was highest for a non India movie) in just 2 days. 

Overall Endgame should end up with the 4th highest OW here in India including local movies. 

Oh and all this with just half as many screens (in some cases even less than half) as local bollywood movies get. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Shrek 5. That is taking the animation record.

For a Box Office and personal standpoint, Disney’s stronghold is both powerful and very sad.

Hate that Illumination will do them and Puss in boots. Illumination is honestly garbage.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ElsaRoc said:

Comically large opening weekend. It may stand for several years, or it may fall in a surprise. There have been plenty of films which did break the OW record at unexpected times. After AOU failed to best TA1, many felt it wouldn't fall in ages, yet by the end of the year, TA1 had been bested twice. And JW was something of a left field winner. It only barely did it, but few expected it to be even close. There could be something that ends up ahead of Endgame that we never see coming.

Back when TFA opened (?) I think we had an ongoing discussion about what the theoretical limit of an Opening weekend was, based on possible showtimes, screens, and seating capacity. I think at the time we collectively estimated that it was probably at least in the mid-to-upper 300m range, if not above 400m, though the likelihood of getting at saturation at every theater is slim. With 3.5 years of inflation and who knows how much added capacity, it's certainly possible that the capacity is higher, especially since Thursday sneaks have been progressively earlier, such that it's almost another whole day.

At some point a 200m OD will happen. As will the 400m weekend. The film that held the record the longest was The Lost World. Endgame could beat that, but 4 years is a long time. If it's something that far out, the winner might be something we don't even know about yet.

Those were mostly incremental. This blasts past two records: 300m and 350m. It'll take awhile for this one.

4 hours ago, AndyLL said:

Dune will bring him back

Yay, another reboot. In all honesty though I’m really excited for it, the book is fucking amazing. Do love the reddit people whi says fuck reboots and sequels and put Dune as their most anticipated movie.