Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

38 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think Namor should be used like Hulk, a supporting character which gets round Universal's distribution rights or they do a deal with Universal so they make the film but Universal distributes. 

I don't see Sony ever letting go of Spider-Man, they'll pick and choose which characters they want to use for solo projects and let Marvel have the rest. 

The question is who do you introduce Namor with. Hulk and Thor sort of flowed pretty easily. 

50 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

The issue with Spider-man hasn't changed, Sony still owns basically everything about the character. We get X-men and F4 and their related stuff. Maybe Disney can bend Paramount over and get Solo rights back for Hulk and Namor. 

If Disney is willing to pay Paramount enough money, they can easily get those rights. Paramount is slowly dipping below the point of desperation.

Edited by Slambros

3 minutes ago, Slambros said:

If Disney is willing to pay Paramount enough money, they can easily get those rights. Paramount is slowly dipping below the point of desperation.

They belong to Universal, not Paramount

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

The question is who do you introduce Namor with. Hulk and Thor sort of flowed pretty easily. 

Shithead Namor deserve his own movie though :( 

10 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Is Paramount desperate enough to sell the property of another studio?

Hard to say, They are at 207mil for the year so far domestically at least, Wonder Park is a huge loser but PS and Think like a man are profitable, if only slightly. That said their biggest movies for the rest of the year are Rocketman, Dora, Terminator and Sonic. I don't see Rocketman pulling a Bohemian Rhapsody and the other 3 are pretty meh at best. 

Last year they had MI and AQP this year well.... they don't.

12 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Is Paramount desperate enough to sell the property of another studio?

I don't these deals allowed for that.

Besides I think Marvel owns Namor rights, it's just the distribution rights or maybe even vestigial producer %s that are keeping him from Marvel using him

Current state of the MCU:

b5FCxjDt.png

(click to enlarge)

Avengers: Endgame projections based on some comparable movies (current MCU sequel average is 2.53):

8STGSNg.png

Infinity War and Winter Soldier were April releases, while Age of Ultron and Civil War were May releases.

Calendar effect:

CfS90tx.png

Edited by MagnarTheGreat
moved/added higher-end range for opening from $320M to $410M
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Besides I think Marvel owns Namor rights, it's just the distribution rights or maybe even vestigial producer %s that are keeping him from Marvel using him

Doesn't the Sony deal with Spider-Man show that it's possible for Marvel to work around that issue with Universal. I'm sure Universal would be more than happy to co-produce the movie with Marvel.

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Doesn't the Sony deal with Spider-Man show that it's possible for Marvel to work around that issue with Universal. I'm sure Universal would be more than happy to co-produce the movie with Marvel.

the issue is it was mutually beneficial for Sony and Disney to work together seeing as Sony was rebooting and tying Spidey to the MCU would give them a lot of value, and Disney saw a lot of value to having Spidey as part of the crew.

I don't think Universal will just let Disney make a Hulk movie and don't seem interesting in making their own(like Sony is with Spidey)