Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

End game has nothing for week 2 and Pika could very well do 75 millionish with less than 50% of a crossover. I don't see that much serious impact at all until May 24 at which point Infinity War had done about 89% of it's DOM and 90% of it's OS totals.

Yeah that could stop it from hitting 1 billion plus many other things like Pika breaking out and John Wick etc but it's gonna do monster numbers regardless. 

18 minutes ago, Sam said:

At the rate the thread is going, and the fact that we’re already halfway thru Sunday, seems like EG is not gonna break the BOT weekend thread page count record. 

Flop.

Hey thats atleast one of two records Jurassic World will still hold.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

I cancelled my Netflix subscription after Santa Clarita Diet was cancelled. Disney is going to move all of its content to either Disney+ or Hulu, so I have no need for Netflix anymore, especially if they're just going to keep cancelling all of my favorite shows on cliffhangers.

I LOVE their foreign content being in the UK I get exposed to a ton. Plus I have paid half price (under $6 per month for dual streaming account) legally for 3 years.

52 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

I dont wish to discuss GoT at all. All I want is people to knowledge that actually it might be a huge global event at least equal to Endgame.

Absurd!

Watching Endgame means: a) Money out of your pocket, b) Driving your car/using trains/buses/whatever at more cost, c) Queuing in line, d) Buying over-priced snacks/drinks/popcorn at the theater, e) Sacrificing a large part of your day, f) Finding friends to come with you. 

Watching GoT means: downloading a torrent from piratebay or something on your laptop. 

On another note, I think that one of the most important records broken by EG, is that of PTA that Return of the Jedi held for 36 years. I would stress that both ROTJ & EG owe the overwhelming enthusiasm of audiences to their magisterial predecessors, The Empire Strikes Back & Infinity War respectively. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wildphantom said:

I’ll look forward to what you have to say tomorrow when the Sunday number shows it had no effect. 

For all the millions watching GoT tonight, there’s plenty more who aren’t who will now be able to get in to see Avengers. 

Let alone those that planned there day by seeing Endgame earlier in the day than they normally would so they were back in time for Thrones. 

The thing about Game of Thrones is that HBO doesn’t care if you watch it live or ok demand on HBO Now, 10-11m is hugely impressive when you consider that’s half of HBO’s subscriber base. It’s also not family friendly which makes it an odd comparison to the PG-13 MarvelX 

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

End game has nothing for week 2 and Pika could very well do 75 millionish with less than 50% of a crossover. I don't see that much serious impact at all until May 24 at which point Infinity War had done about 89% of it's DOM and 90% of it's OS totals.

Yeah that could stop it from hitting 1 billion plus many other things like Pika breaking out and John Wick etc but it's gonna do monster numbers regardless. 

John Wick could do its best opening on $40-45m and still be third 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PPZVGOS said:

On another note, I think that one of the most important records broken by EG, is that of PTA that Return of the Jedi held for 36 years. I would stress that both ROTJ & EG owe the overwhelming enthusiasm of audiences to their magisterial predecessors, The Empire Strikes Back & Infinity War respectively.  

Yes this is easily the most impressive record it broke, it was thought to be nearly impossible.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Hey thats atleast one of two records Jurassic World will still hold.

What’s the other record? “Best movie ever in Brainburg’s heart”? :P 

Edited by Sam
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I mean what's Shazam then or Aquaman OW wise?

Both slightly underwhelming, on the OW. Aquaman had a great total. Shazam had a disappointing total.

But why are we discussing other films? I posted that strictly to compare Endgame to previous MCU huge openers.

Just now, Sam said:

What’s the other record? “Best movie ever in Brainburg’s heart”? :P 

Spoiler

Only movie where i ever came while watching

Spoiler

Im sorry thats actually not true

Spoiler

It was a joke i swear

Spoiler

Pls believe me

• Haha 2

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

On Mojo’s record page it currently holds summer opening and June opening.

Thats actually true. Since Mojo doesnt count the Infinity Films as summer openers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

On Mojo’s record page it currently holds summer opening and June opening.

On this same page, Endgame now leads with 25 records to TFA’s 24. By end of run TFA will be at or near single digits and Endgame around 40.  

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/?page=byrecord&p=.htm

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Astonished 4

My wife and I *really* wanted to see Endgame together, as we've seen pretty much all the MCU films since we've been a couple (we saw Avengers a day apart shortly after we started dating, and she skipped Ant-Man because it didn't grab her fancy). However, due to a lack of babysitter in the foreseeable future we decided the tradition had to be put on hold. We were going to have to wait 2-3 weeks, minimum, and her birthday is today and mine is in a week. Between the wait and the fear of running into spoilers, it just didn't make sense.

TLDR - She went this morning with our oldest, and I'm catching a showing in 5 hours. Should I buy a beer or a soda to drink while I watch, that's the big question.

• Like 1