Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

Infinity War dropped 15.7% on Sunday. Endgame needs a 15.6% drop to finish at $357.7 million, which gives it a $100m lead on Infinity War. I think 15.6% is a very doable number. Needs $92 million right on the nose, assuming the Friday/Saturday numbers are accurate.

The only question mark could be impact of Thrones, which has the big Winterfell battle with the White Walkers tonight. Infinity War did not have to deal with this a year ago, so we will see if there is any impact. 

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Is that person saying that this movie has a genuine shot at making a billion dollars domestically? Holy shit...

That person is in England. There is no bank holiday in the US next Monday.

Went to see it again this morning at a 9am showing b/c that was the only one that had decent seats when I was ticket hunting yesterday.  9AM!  I've never gone to a move that early.  It was packed, too.  The rest of the day was pretty much sold out except the first couple of rows in almost all non-3D shows.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, doublejack said:

My wife and I *really* wanted to see Endgame together, as we've seen pretty much all the MCU films since we've been a couple (we saw Avengers a day apart shortly after we started dating, and she skipped Ant-Man because it didn't grab her fancy). However, due to a lack of babysitter in the foreseeable future we decided the tradition had to be put on hold. We were going to have to wait 2-3 weeks, minimum, and her birthday is today and mine is in a week. Between the wait and the fear of running into spoilers, it just didn't make sense.

TLDR - She went this morning with our oldest, and I'm catching a showing in 5 hours. Should I buy a beer or a soda to drink while I watch, that's the big question.

Absolutely not. I drank no water and slow sipped during the whole movie. Dear God no.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

Absolutely not. I drank no water and slow sipped during the whole movie. Dear God no.

I drank a whole large soda during the film. Depends on how well you can handle your liquids I guess!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

I drank a whole large soda during the film. Depends on how well you can handle your liquids I guess!

Same here a massive one but usually I drink like 120 ounces of water not yesterday hell no. Usually I finish the soda pretty early but I didn't want to chance it :D

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Same here. Whenever i drink Cola or even Water during a movie i always have to go to the toilet after a while. Thats why i stopped drinking and eating anything in the cinema years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Damn that’s crazy for the Avengers... if it holds up well then it may give The Force Awakens a run for its money! And it’s already the second billion dollar film already this year! 

Captain Marvel bounced up to 2nd slot should do $435 million total or more in The states. Marvel and Disney are probably throwing parties as well. 

La Llorna getting slapped in its 2nd weekend. It’s  close to one of the biggest 2nd weekend drops for a horror film since Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday which also around 71%. But overall still a success for WB as it should post a total above $50 million.

Breakthrough is by far right next to Captain Marvel, one of the only few films not hurt by Avengers this weekend. With this appealing to a smaller crowd, this should do close to $40 million.

Shazam! Got smashed but is still making bank. The film should stay for a few more weeks and come around $160-$165 million total.

Little proven to be a profit on its little budget. $45 million or so still in play.

Dumbo still dropping hard. while worldwide is over $300 million, the domestic total isn’t that great for it. Hopefully $115 million is the target. 

Two of the other R-rated horror films also saw a major decline this weekend. Pet Sematary still getting hit hard but once again a profit for Paramount and should gross on-par with the 2013 Evil Dead remake.

Us is still hanging on number 9, but isn’t the leggy smash Of Get Out but should still outgross the total of Get Out very soon. Making a quite busy Jordan Peele and Universal very happy people.

Penguins is playing like a typical Disneynature film. However, it may be their lowest grossing domestic outing since Born In China two years previously.

2019 is now ahead of both 2014 and 2015 at this point. But down from ‘16,’17, and last year. However, 2019 could  bounce up  with a potentially solid summer and a decent final portion. 

• Like 1

Oh I didn't eat or drink at all.  I went to the bathroom before driving out to the theater (35 minutes away), got there 5 minutes early, then went to the bathroom again before sitting down (reserved seats).  Didn't feel the need to go until after the credits finished.

It's a good idea to have something to drink during the day, cause you don't want to get dehydrated or your body will respond by filtering your fluids harder, forcing you to pee more (sounds ironic, but that's homeostasis for ya).  Just don't overdrink, but don't get too thirsty.  If you really want to drink in the theater, wait until when you feel the second act starts.

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Same here. Whenever i drink Cola or even Water during a movie i always have to go to the toilet after a while. Thats why i stopped drinking and eating anything in the cinema years ago.

I sprinted to the toilet right before. In and out in under 1 minute. 100 meter toilet gold medalist. Longest bit was washing hands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

I sprinted to the toilet right before. In and out in under 1 minute. 100 meter toilet gold medalist. Longest bit was washing hands.

Skip and go back in ASAP. Whatever it takes.

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2019 at 12:05 PM, MrPink said:

Once Hobbs and Shaw 2 comes out and John Cena is in it, the WWE Nation will unite and bring us to the 350m OW promised land.

we are one step closer to the future

Ofc this will now have to target 400m

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

26 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

The only question mark could be impact of Thrones, which has the big Winterfell battle with the White Walkers tonight. Infinity War did not have to deal with this a year ago, so we will see if there is any impact. 

My thinking is, those empty seats will be filled by other movie-goers who don't watch GoT and couldn't get a Thu/Fri/Sat ticket.

Also, a lot of GoT fans probably planned to see Endgame before throwing their Winterfell party, since they are probably wary about spoilers more than most people.  We'll see!

• Like 1