Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, pepsa said:

Honestly it warms my heart to see Baumer so exited about a movies boxoffice! 

Well this is why we come to this site. It's for weekends like this. You don't even have to like the film or like MCU or like what Disney is doing. If you are a fan of fall in the box office this is the stuff that we live for. Breathe It All In, soak it all up and just enjoy it for what it is.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Futurist said:

The 300OW thing was supposed to be a private Joke between Cjohn and us.

What the hell happened ?

$300M got obliterated apparently. It's like playing Monopoly and instead of going to jail you cheat, pass go, and collect $200.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ruthie said:

Ok, what is the meaning of 357 among some of you BOTers?

The Avengers: 200m estimate, 207m actual

Infinity War: 250m estimate, 257m actual

Endgame: 350m estimate

So yeah, it’s all about dat balance.

(Age of Ultron found dead in a ditch)

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I’m starting to get really greedy. I’m hoping this beats Infinity War by more than $100M. Would lock this weekend up as the best in box office history.

Of course, I thought I was being aggressive why predicting $300M so this is amazing no matter what.

1 minute ago, CloneWars said:

$300M got obliterated apparently. It's like playing Monopoly and instead of going to jail you cheat, pass go, and collect $200.

Despite the revisionist history, there was definitely a lot of talk up to OD about whether $300M was even possible for an OW. No one even thought about whether a movie could open to $350M. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tawasal said:

My whole life is lie. 

I didn't know Tom's ass was photoshopped by Incels. 

JcKxCYl.jpg

I think that settles the argument on who has the best ass in the MCU then

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

Of course it's unprecedented. These numbers are just stupid. they're just so hard to wrap your head around. 1.2 billion dollars is a massive amount of money for any movie, ANY MOVIE, to make in its entire run. Even if the next Star Wars movie was to only make 1.2 billion dollars it would be somewhat disappointing for a Star Wars movie but it would still be a huge sum of money. This freaking movie did it in three goddamn days. It just doesn't compute.

It actually did it in five days. It opened everywhere in the 24th or 25th except for US and Russia. 

1 minute ago, Walt Disney said:

Despite the revisionist history, there was definitely a lot of talk up to OD about whether $300M was even possible for an OW. No one even thought about whether a movie could open to $350M. 

How much did your shares rise this weekend?

• Haha 1