Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

Just now, Ozymandias said:

The combination of Thanos and Netflix is responsible for this OW imo

Yeah a ton of casuals watched IW on Netlifx and they really liked it.

Like I know some relatives who never watch much movies or Superhero movies..

"yoh engdame looks cool, watched IW epic shit" 

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

You can't just include $51m worth of tickets without looking at the fact, that showtimes aren't endless. 

Serious question: Why are you only bothered by ROTK

The number of pages in this thread is absurd. 

Almost 1 for every million EG made this weekend lol. 

I'm guessing it'll hit 400 before the end... is this the biggest weekend thread ever?

I can't keep up... I leave and come back and there are suddenly another 70 pages to get through. 

Just now, tawasal said:

Did that for real happened? Was it a guy or gal? 

Yea, it happened.  It was a guy and I think it was Harry Knowles....could be mistaken.

• Knock It Off 1

10 minutes ago, RtheEnd said:

I was  going with 92-94, see how that goes :)

Fucking awesome. All 3 days minus previews beat the previous record high of 82M Sat by IW last year, unbelievable. 

We can finally put to rest 70M cap for a day, we just had 3 days in the 90s and 1 in the 100s.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, baumer said:

Yea, it happened.  It was a guy and I think it was Harry Knowles....could be mistaken.

In what scenario is that allowed to happen on live tv? It's the trash E!. 

18 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Serious question: Why are you only bothered by ROTK

It instantly came to my eye, because I pretty much knew how much it did from my memory. I had to check the others, and well, Attack of the Clones would have failed (It didn't even break the record in 4 days, why would it do it in 3?)and Passion of the Christ would probably have failed as well. Shrek 2 would have been a close call, but it might have just done it.

The rest is pretty save to assume, they would have done it, even though SM2 had July 4th that deflated its sunday, so might have been close as well.

Edited by Poseidon

5 minutes ago, superduperm said:

The odds of a $600M 10-day gross have to be pretty good, right? Would be insane given it doesn’t have the summer/holidays weekday boost.

Sure, even if it only makes 100M on weekdays and plummets 60% that would get 600.