Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

Just an FYI. You can easily google the incident and know that it wasn’t planned and know the context of the incident. He grabbed her boob to see if there was an actual built in bra in it. But of course women are conditioned for these kinds of situations to be “okay” hence why a 21 year old Scarjo has to laugh it off.

I hope that the Scarjo of today would punch him in the face and walk away. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 12

5 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

...that's still not okay.

Agreed, I remember watching something on this incident in 2008. They said that the only reason it didn't cause a shitstorm was because he was gay, they said if he was straight they would have had him booked for sexual assault.

Just now, Nova said:

Just an FYI. You can easily google the incident and know that it wasn’t planned and know the context of the incidence. He grabbed her boob to see if there was an actual built in bra in it. But of course women are conditioned for these kinds of situations to be “okay” hence why a 21 year old Scarjo has to laugh it off.

I hope that the Scarjo of today would punch him in the face and walk away. 

In this case, my original comment on the matter stands. Hope the guy was promptly fired.

34 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

I know, right? The horror. Look at her turning the camera and smiling and laughing in disgust!

That's shock and nervous laughter.  He thought it was no big deal b/c he was gay and as a designer more interested in the structure of the dress and maybe getting a shock on the red carpet than getting a sexual thrill.    But it was still oh so wrong and he later realized it.

https://popculture.com/celebrity/2019/01/05/controversial-golden-globes-groping-scarlett-johansson-isaac-mizrahi/

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Couldn't resist myself.

90-91

Ok bye. 

Quick drive by to confirm the 357. It truly was inevitable.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2

Brie Larson stars in the 1st two billion-dollar movies of the year, billion-dollar movies in 2 consecutive months, and #1 and #2 movies this weekend. Pretty cool trivia.

Has another actor done all these before? Genuinely asking the trivia folks here.

• Like 1

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sahmeelg said:

Brie Larson stars in the 1st two billion-dollar movies of the year, billion-dollar movies in 2 consecutive months, and #1 and #2 movies this weekend. Pretty cool trivia.

Has another actor done all these before? Genuinely asking the trivia folks here.

Johansson had The Jungle Book and Civil War released three weeks apart. But neither was a starring role and TJB didn't make a billion. Then there's the Black Panther folks in IW.

Course, even Larson couldn't have done this if it weren't a single role in a single franchise.

22 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I think Shrek 5 is practically a lock. A Pokémon Red/Blue adaptation has a chance but it may be too repetitive for the GA and would have to be split into parts. Harry Potter 9 can also do it and something from DC, eventually.

Lets see how much Detective Pikachu does and then we can talk about whether Pokemon Red/Blue could do $200m OW  

So I have been bothered a bit by all the talk of records and openings etc. In particular the one poster who questioned TDK (which you just had to be around to understand how huge it was.)

But the biggest change beyond the previews now pre-midnight is the advent of Digital projection. Many of the young pups wont take that into account that theaters pre 2009 couldnt just change a theater over to something else without a print to show. Digital has allowed a huge boom in the ease of programming. This kind of opening, with the sheer amount of showtimes, wouldnt have even been an option a decade ago, plain and simple. 

Also, with the increase of presales, it makes most big openers easy to see coming, barring a Jurassic World situation. 

• Like 3