Jump to content
Eric!

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $859M OS, $1.209B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

Recommended Posts

Just now, narniadis said:

So I have been bothered a bit by all the talk of records and openings etc. In particular the one poster who questioned TDK (which you just had to be around to understand how huge it was.)

But the biggest change beyond the previews now pre-midnight is the advent of Digital projection. Many of the young pups wont take that into account that theaters pre 2009 couldnt just change a theater over to something else without a print to show. Digital has allowed a huge boom in the ease of programming. This kind of opening, with the sheer amount of showtimes, wouldnt have even been an option a decade ago, plain and simple. 

 

Also, with the increase of presales, it makes most big openers easy to see coming, barring a Jurassic World situation. 

James Cameron allowed this Endgame OW record yup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any news on if 350 mil is accurate all

 

. Estimates seem to be 355-360 mil ow

 

Avatar 2 will break 3billion worldwide

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2019 at 10:03 AM, cory said:

A decade ago the Spidey/Pirates/Shrek summer was as big as a box office competition could get and now we have a movie outgrossing their entire runs before dinner time on Sunday.

But not adjusted :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm lawling over that got episode

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

So I have been bothered a bit by all the talk of records and openings etc. In particular the one poster who questioned TDK (which you just had to be around to understand how huge it was.)

But the biggest change beyond the previews now pre-midnight is the advent of Digital projection. Many of the young pups wont take that into account that theaters pre 2009 couldnt just change a theater over to something else without a print to show. Digital has allowed a huge boom in the ease of programming. This kind of opening, with the sheer amount of showtimes, wouldnt have even been an option a decade ago, plain and simple. 

 

Also, with the increase of presales, it makes most big openers easy to see coming, barring a Jurassic World situation. 

Very good points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernard Hill, Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Emma Watson and Martin Freeman are I think the only actors who've played different roles in different billion-dollar grossers. Laura Dern also if you count the Jurassic Park re-release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Johansson had The Jungle Book and Civil War released three weeks apart. But neither was a starring role and TJB didn't make a billion. Then there's the Black Panther folks in IW.

 

Course, even Larson couldn't have done this if it weren't a single role in a single franchise.

Damn was going to respond to a point but it might be considered a spoiler

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Bernard Hill, Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Emma Watson and Martin Freeman are I think the only actors who've played different roles in different billion-dollar grossers. Laura Dern also if you count the Jurassic Park re-release.

 

Benny Mendelsohn 🙏

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Bernard Hill, Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Emma Watson and Martin Freeman are I think the only actors who've played different roles in different billion-dollar grossers. Laura Dern also if you count the Jurassic Park re-release.

SLJ - several characters - Avengers, Star Wars, Incredibles and JP if you consider a re-release

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boom!

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Astonished 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrPink said:

 

Benny Mendelsohn 🙏

giphy.gif

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

SLJ - several characters - Avengers, Star Wars, Incredibles and JP if you consider a re-release

Ha, of course. He outdone them all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Bernard Hill, Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Emma Watson and Martin Freeman are I think the only actors who've played different roles in different billion-dollar grossers. Laura Dern also if you count the Jurassic Park re-release.

Andy Serkis

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I'm lawling over that got episode

8+ years led up to this lmao.

Edited by CJohn
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Karen Gillan will propel Jumanji 3 to one Billie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I'm lawling over that got episode

Imagine if there were actually people who wanted to see AEG and put it off for that episode :rofl:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderation 

 

Not the GoT Thread. 

 

Regards

BOT Staff

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait....so today's episode was a disappointment?? HAHA!

 

I haven't even started it yet. Going to wait until the season is over and binge it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mango said:

 

WB/DC’s second (hopefully much better) attempt at a Justice League in the next ten or so years maybe?

 

Avatar 5 assuming 2-4 are surprisingly necessary and universally praised?

 

Idk. In 2008 very few, if any saw the MCU taking off the way it did. In 2012 very few guessed it would continue sustaining/growing in the way that it did. I think it’s gonna have to be something with potential writing on the wall for a blockbuster success, but not something necessarily expected to be that huge.

I genuinely think the only things that could do it are:

 

-Harry Potter 9

-Lord Of The Rings 4 (lol)

-Jurassic X Furious

 

I think DC has too much baggage at this point. The big benefit of the MCU is it was the debut of most of these characters. DC has not only had multiple Supermen and Batmen, they already blew their load on the novelty of Justice League. Not that a really good JL couldn't do gangbusters, but I don't think it would be to the tune of 2 billion. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The success of the MCU in the last 15 months is kinda puzzling.

What in the fuck really.

Love U Ant-Man still.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.