Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

11 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I genuinely think the only things that could do it are:

-Harry Potter 9

-Lord Of The Rings 4 (lol)

-Jurassic X Furious

I think DC has too much baggage at this point. The big benefit of the MCU is it was the debut of most of these characters. DC has not only had multiple Supermen and Batmen, they already blew their load on the novelty of Justice League. Not that a really good JL couldn't do gangbusters, but I don't think it would be to the tune of 2 billion. 

Really can’t imagine either of the first 2 getting there. Those stories wrapped well, and it just wouldn’t be the same to try to bring the old cast back so much older or do a fully new one.      

JurassicxFurious is the kindness of over the top cheesy full on crazy action insanity that I could actually see doing gangbusters despite being a classic “makes no sense” crossover.     

To indulge in a bit of fanboying, I think KOTOR III could do it if KOTOR I and II were executed properly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

ALSO because the collector is in Infinity War for 20 seconds Benicio Del Toro is in the club too with that and Last Jedi.

Might as well include Daniel Craig for Skyfall and his storm trooper cameo.

JurassicxFurious seems like such a contrived, studio thing to do but like @Thanos Legion said, I could see it actually working all the same! Like, why couldn't the Jurassic World and the world of F&F be the same world?

Ultimately I don't think I'd want Universal to do that though. There's more potential if you keep the franchises separate. A cinematic universe works with comics because of the absolute wealth of material to draw from.

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

One of these things is not like the others

Im wondering if endgame can challenge the FA domestic crown. This sucker needs a 2.7-2.8 multi to get it. Oh my???

Avengers Assemble!!

💪💪💪

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Really can’t imagine either of the first 2 getting there. Those stories wrapped well, and it just wouldn’t be the same to try to bring the old cast back so much older or do a fully new one.      

JurassicxFurious is the kindness of over the top cheesy full on crazy action insanity that I could actually see doing gangbusters despite being a classic “makes no sense” crossover.     

To indulge in a bit of fanboying, I think KOTOR III could do it if KOTOR I and II were executed properly. 

LOTR 4 especially would be really stupid, at least HP9 would assumedly have the creator's consent

9 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

They bought it in December 2009 with only Iron Man having been a financial success at that time and Incredible Hulk a flop.

Someone working at Disney clearly had the time stone or something.

Those would be Iger and his then-right hand man in acquisition Kevin Mayer (who is now a frontrunner to succeed Iger).

I'm very curious what Disney/Marvel expectations were for IW and EG before they opened.  After Ultron "disappointed" but then Black Panther severely over performed, and then even after IW did crazy good....  I can't imagine anyone anywhere was even day dreaming about 350m for a single movie in a weekend.  I mean this thing is doing better than IW even after subtracting previews, Friday when theaters open to Sunday when they close, ~297m.  

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

JurassicxFurious seems like such a contrived, studio thing to do but like @Thanos Legion said, I could see it actually working all the same! Like, why couldn't the Jurassic World and the world of F&F be the same world?

Ultimately I don't think I'd want Universal to do that though. There's more potential if you keep the franchises separate. A cinematic universe works with comics because of the absolute wealth of material to draw from.

Spielberg would never allow it either. 

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

also also zoe saldana is the only one of these names that played different roles in different TWO billion dollar grossers.

In TWO different colours. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MattW said:

I'm very curious what Disney/Marvel expectations were for IW and EG before they opened.  After Ultron "disappointed" but then Black Panther severely over performed, and then even after IW did crazy good....  I can't imagine anyone anywhere was even day dreaming about 350m for a single movie in a weekend.  I mean this thing is doing better than IW even after subtracting previews, Friday when theaters open to Sunday when they close, ~297m.  

The film clearly exceeded the most generous expectation, that no one will come to expect or even dream of

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Johansson had The Jungle Book and Civil War released three weeks apart. But neither was a starring role and TJB didn't make a billion. Then there's the Black Panther folks in IW.

Course, even Larson couldn't have done this if it weren't a single role in a single franchise.

Thanks. I was thinking of Scarlett earlier but I wasn't sure. And hers was unique because one was voice and the other live-action. Too bad TJB was almost close to $1B.

BP was released in February though while IW was in April. So it wasn't consecutive but they did star in those 1st two billion-dollar movies.