Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

3 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I spent 2 hours making these to celebrate Endgame record. Time well spent. 

Imagine Thor's Yeees (gif not working)

Edited by JimiQ

33 minutes ago, HFFC77 said:

So in case of Disney movies, the multiplexes get 35% and Disney get's the rest? Good weekend then for the owners of screens, on top of overpriced beverages and food they earn a ton of money. The 65% for Disney is after taxes or 65% of the total ticket price? Weekends like these pay for te cost of equipment of one theater room, lol

You talking about the first two weekends. It starts evening out much more in favor of the theaters after the first two weekends. But if you've ever wondered why you pay $6 for a Coke now you know why.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

You talking about the first two weekends. It starts evening out much more in favor of the theaters after the first two weekends. But if you've ever wondered why you pay $6 for a Coke now you know why.

Phantom menace was 100% to Lucas opening weekend, don't know about aotc and rots

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

so movie is gonna need what? a 2.6x multi to beat TFA? seems to fit in the realm of possibility but not guaranteed.

It’ll need a bout a 2.62. IW was 2.63 off just an A.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Cinemascores lol? Also reception isn't everything. we've never seen upfront demand of this proportion before.

A+ cinemascore is strongly predictive, that’s just the facts.        

The OW was clobbered unbelievably, yes, and that introduces som additional uncertainty. Perhaps this will play super frontload despite the spectacular reception. But history suggests not, movies that demolish the OW record by a large % tend to have good legs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BiffMan said:

I could see the OW record getting beat again before some of those later weeks Titanic records eventually get eclipsed from inflation. 

That 9th week one... damn. 

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/moreweekends.htm?page=9&p=.htm

I think those late weekend records will literally stand forever, as in the content consumption model fully turns away from theaters before ticket inflation can get the job done. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Actually yeah, it will be 357.5-358. So yeah that will count. Woah. We did it. On page 357.

Aaaand your post was 70% the way down the page.

357.7 confirmed, for exactly $100M over IW. Mr Jatinder, you are a prophet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

18 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Phantom menace was 100% to Lucas opening weekend, don't know about aotc and rots

that is 100% And unequivocally false. And I can tell you that it's false because of numerous people that I know in the industry and I also spoke to theater owners at the time and it was definitely high but it was not 100%. It was something like 91 or 92% at the time.

• Like 5