Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

$257,698,182. if only Ethan saw it it could've broken the record.

Damn, I made the same typo twice in like 10 hours.

This EG business is wild.

5 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

According to a survey of Fandango “Endgame” moviegoers, 81% said they would consider seeing the movie again in theaters, and 92% are already looking forward to Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Fandango is already seeing strong advance ticket sales for showtimes of Endgame in the coming weeks. As of this morning 95% of Fandango ticket sales today are for Endgame showtime

:insane:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 9

So it could have a pretty big drop and still do a monster second week.

IW had  worse critic scores etc when GA didn't like the ending near as much as End Game. Can't fathom it it's drop is 55.5% but it has to be big because of how front loaded that weekend was.

It it's 357.7m a 51% drop is 175m 2nd weekend. Huge drop but 4.5% better than IW

Edited by cdsacken

14 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I dont see why we would have a 56% drop with basically nothing coming out and amazing WOM, insane reviews, and A+.

But it was still front loaded so I still think under 200. Maybe 180?

the simple response to that is this movie had more people see it opening weekend than any film in the history of film. There was more of a rush factor to this film than any other one. Even if it was to fall 60% in the second weekend that would be fairly normal. The rush factor to this film was unprecedented.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

:insane:

Makes sense. I've seen 3 movies in my life twice (I'm 34 and seen at least 500+ in theaters). 4th was CM solely for the sake of End Game. I saw End Game on Saturday Morning and Monday Morning. Im planning on seeing it again with my wife when get to America this weekend if possible. Then a 4th time if I can squeeze in Imax. Considering imax 3D as well because why not.

2 minutes ago, HFFC77 said:

Warner/DC must be scratching their collective heads, think about this, MCU is made of B list comic book heroes, the most famous before MCU for the GA were Hulk and Captain America, on the other side DC had all the big names in comic book history, the big names in Marvel were X-Men and they were in the hands of Fox, so it boggles the mind to the think that the B and C list heroes are responsible for the mosts successful comic book movie saga ever, amazing.

I think WB knows what they did wrong (giving the keys to Snyder).

1 minute ago, baumer said:

the simple response to that is this movie had more people see it opening weekend than any film in the history of film. There was more of a rush factor to this film than any other one. Even if it was to fall 60% in the second weekend that would be fairly normal. The rush factor to this film was unprecedented.

You act like your logic will be understood here lol. It either drops 50% or it's a bad drop!!! :lol:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

IW had very mixed WOM, worse critic scores etc when GA didn't like the ending. Can't fathom it it's drop is 55.5% but it has to be big because of how front loaded that weekend was.

It it's 357.7m a 51% drop is 175m 2nd weekend. Huge drop but 4.5% better than IW

Say what?

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

IW had very mixed WOM, worse critic scores etc when GA didn't like the ending. Can't fathom it it's drop is 55.5% but it has to be big because of how front loaded that weekend was.

What planet did these false claims come from? 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

DH2 had a 72% drop in its second weekend, I think while 50% would be great for Endgame, I don't think a 55-60% drop would be a bad thing. 

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Oh I mean I get it but End Game was similar with way less interest from general audience/ nonfans. But yeah if it does 157 or something like that it's still doing awesome.