Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

So same worldwide multi as BvS gets Endgame to 2.575b

Same multi as Infinity War gets Endgame to 2.95b

So crumbling in epic fashion gets 2.57 nice!

Edited by cdsacken

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

So it could have a pretty big drop and still do a monster second week.

IW had very mixed WOM, worse critic scores etc when GA didn't like the ending. Can't fathom it it's drop is 55.5% but it has to be big because of how front loaded that weekend was.

It it's 357.7m a 51% drop is 175m 2nd weekend. Huge drop but 4.5% better than IW

:wintf::wintf:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

Is there a Spider-Man FFH 1 billion WW club yet? I feel like the huge Endgame result will translate to increased interest in Spidey, especially since Peter Parker had a prominent role in both Infinity War and Endgame. Iron Man 3 got a similar bump after the first Avengers.

Spider-Man could end up ruining my "Disney to have the top 4 domestic grossing movies of 2019" club. I think Lion King and Star Wars Episode IX will gross more than Captain Marvel, and I don't see anything from any other studio out-grossing Captain Marvel, so that'll give Disney the top 4. But, if Spider-Man gets a huge bump because of End Game, then it could potentially surpass Captain Marvel, and I may be in trouble. 

1 minute ago, Walt Disney said:

Spider-Man could end up ruining my "Disney to have the top 4 domestic grossing movies of 2019" club. I think Lion King and Star Wars Episode IX will gross more than Captain Marvel, and I don't see anything from any other studio out-grossing Captain Marvel, so that'll give Disney the top 4. But, if Spider-Man gets a huge bump because of End Game, then it could potentially surpass Captain Marvel, and I may be in trouble. 

I wonder if it’s more of a palate cleanser similar to Ant-Man and the Wasp. I can see a bump but it might not be a big one

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I mean, unless it's a complete dud with audiences, I'd say 1B WW is essentially locked.

You're right. 1B is too safe. I'll make a 1.5B club later if I feel like it and nobody has made an optimistic FFH WW club yet.

Edited by stealthyfrog

12 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

So same worldwide multi as BvS gets Endgame to 2.575b 

Same multi as Infinity War gets Endgame to 2.95b 

when you did that multi for IW did you align China with the opening week? Because using IW multi without accounting for that will throw off the numbers big time.

Damn Brie Larson has accumulated some dedicated and loving fans around the world that are able to do this in order to thank her for her bravery and awesome representation. 

Edited by tawasal
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

Wow, having seen this film now, it deserves its numbers.

It's not perfect, but it's really, really, REALLY good. It's different enough to Infinity War to where I don't know how it would compare to it, but I imagine it's perhaps a tad inferior on 1st watch. Just a tad. That being said, there's a good chance that the Russo Bros. have 3 of my top 5 MCU films, with Endgame beating out Black Panther out of it. (And the one movie of theirs BOT hates - Civil War - is still good and y'all are fucking wack.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1