Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

6 minutes ago, druv10 said:

He's the ugly step sisters from Cindrella. Sure part of the same family but are they really.

Depending on what version, that's an insult to the Ugly Step Sisters!!!

24 minutes ago, JB33 said:

If you take out China, was the international rollout for EG the same as for IW? If so, the increase overseas minus China is substantial and lends even more credence to the notion that this will be bonkers enough overseas to pass Avatar.

Hah hah don't bet on that one Jb. Avatar 2 will take all the glory and Juggernaut 2009 and Juggernaut 2020 will still belong to Avatar 2 and Avatar 1. Sorry Jb

. Slowdown is inevitable. Endgame may take out FA tho... Avatar not a chance ww.  Going to be funny if it misses Titanic.

2.324b

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

I can't but feel Monday will be huge, by the time i left work at 5:30 we had sold out of 19/21 showings for the day with 9:30 and 10PM being the only ones left and those were both looking to sell out. It's only slightly less busy than Friday since we had some single seats and the ground floor seating left.

3 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Hah hah don't bet on that one Jb. Avatar 2 will take all the glory and part 1 and part will be in the all time first and second place will still belong to Avatar 2 and Avatar1. Sorry Jb

. Slowdown is inevitable. Endgame may take out FA tho... Avatar not a chance ww. 

2.2-2.4b

Let's go ultra conservative here:

Domestic: $800M

China: $550M

Overseas: $1.1B (a mere $100M increase over IW's overseas total minus China)

Total: $2.45B

Again, that's ultra conservative. It may not beat Avatar but if it doesn't it'll be damn close.

• Like 1

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

Hah hah don't bet on that one Jb. Avatar 2 will take all the glory and part 1 and part will be in the all time first and second place will still belong to Avatar 2 and Avatar1. Sorry Jb

. Slowdown is inevitable. Endgame may take out FA tho... Avatar not a chance ww. 

2.2-2.4b

Well said Kal.

Endgame will show the absolute limit of a film which doesn't break new grounds.

Avatar 2 will show the magic of masterful filmmaking.

That's right 4 billies

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Well said Kal.

Endgame will show the absolute limit of a film which doesn't break new grounds.

Avatar 2 will show the magic of masterful filmmaking.

That's right 4 billies

Each Avatar sequel will come in under Endgame. Avatar will be the peak of the whole series, box office wise.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

2.2-2.4b

IW finished just 20M behind TFA WW. I'd imagine EG will definitely take it out. Seems like a mortal lock. Titanic's WW gross is 2.19B. I'd assume passing that WW is essentially locked as well. Now, Avatar... We'll see.

17 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Each Avatar sequel will come in under Endgame. Avatar will be the peak of the whole series, box office wise.

Practically no one could’ve called Endgame beating Avatar even a week ago.  Seems weird to be making a definitive statement like this when the marketing for the second film hasn’t even began.  And as much as everyone on this forum hates to admit it, it’s historically a bad idea to underestimate Cameron

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Kal predicts 32m Monday. Time to perhaps to make FA a part of the force. Who will make a billion domestic first? Will it be Avatar 2 or End game is the question??

KAL!?!?!?!?@?

I didn't even realize it was you earlier. How's it going my man

I feel bad for Avatar fans (not really). Disney took their studio (bought Fox), took their director (have James Cameron directing movies for them), took their franchise (Avatar franchise), and now Disney will take their WW record with AEG. Disney is taking it all from them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Knock It Off 3

Just now, Walt Disney said:

I feel bad for Avatar fans (not really). Disney took their studio (bought Fox), took their director (have James Cameron directing movies for them), took their franchise (Avatar franchise), and now Disney will take their WW record with AEG. Disney is taking it all from them.

yay capitalism woo hoo

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

37 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Hah hah don't bet on that one Jb. Avatar 2 will take all the glory and Juggernaut 2009 and Juggernaut 2020 will still belong to Avatar 2 and Avatar 1. Sorry Jb

. Slowdown is inevitable. Endgame may take out FA tho... Avatar not a chance ww.  Going to be funny if it misses Titanic.

2.324b

ha ha Kal is here.

FYI Titanic WW gross is 2,187,463,944 and for Endgame to miss it needs to have a run worse than BvS.