Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

FWIW, it's still doing gangbuster business here in Canada for Monday. Most shows are selling out or getting close to sell out except for the 11pm shows, but there is still time for that. 

Only thing is that the amount of shows is so much lower than the weekend, but I can't help but think 40 million has a shot, especially since the premiums formats (IMAX, AVX, etc) are selling the same as the weekend!

The 10:30am IMAX showing at Scotiabank Toronto for Tuesday has already sold 258 seats.

The 11 am AVX has sold 105 seats. 

The 11:30 am regular show is at 38 seats. 

On a friggen Tuesday!!

• Like 1

Just now, DAJK said:

I just don't see why both Endgame and Avatar sequels can't all be big hits. 

This. Cant we just enjoy Endgames numbers without getting into fan war arguments? Because we have a thread for that but this here isnt it.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I just don't see why both Endgame and Avatar sequels can't all be big hits. 

It’s not enough for people to have their favorite movie be a massive hit that breaks every record, they also have to drag other movies down with it

• Like 2

Just now, Biggestgeekever said:

Because this is a massive battle between potentially the biggest films of the next 5 years, and could determine whether in the foreseeable future a film can win a year and not be from Disn-....... Oh, wait.

Disney always wins baby

Spoiler

Not a Disney fanboy, it's just the truth

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Avatar 2 could outgross the original... or it could get like, 1.5B.  I know that's a huge range, but this is a situation where we really just don't have the information to make an informed prediction.

Pros:

The most acclaimed director in the buiseness

Sequel to the (current) highest grossing movie worldwide

Will have amazing visual spectacle

Cons:

Long gap between original and sequel

Little attachment to the characters or story

Will whatever visual spectacle that Cameron is working on create a zeitgeist the way 3D was for Avatar?  Will it be as unique and marketable as 3D was in 2009?

If Avatar 2 can genuinely replicate that lightning in a bottle that Avatar had, then sure, it can absolutely outgross Avatar.  The problem is, you can't predict that.  There is just no way to know when lightning will strike.

• Like 1

No one has bought it up for a while but the page count of this thread has surpassed TDKR to become the second biggest weekend thread in BOT history.

We're still 50 pages short of the Jurassic World thread so second place seems like our final position. 

• Like 5

Just now, aabattery said:

No one has bought it up for a while but the page count of this thread has surpassed TDKR to become the second biggest weekend thread in BOT history.

We're still 50 pages short of the Jurassic World thread so second place seems like our final position. 

Good.

• Disbelief 1

Just now, aabattery said:

If I had been here to shitpost all weekend we would've gotten there 

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Avengers: ASSEMBLE!!! 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

See High Life guys.  I know that a lot of you are probably seeing Avengers 5 times or whatever but before you see it for your 6th time make a choice and think “hmm, maybe I wanna try a new movie today” and see High Life

does anyone say "High Life" like how borat says "my wife" in it?

• ...wtf 2