Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

Question...

Compared to Infinity War last year...does Endgame have more or less premium priced showings?  I know 3d is dying, but did the movie get a significantly smaller portion of its Thursday previews at premium prices vs Infinity War (and for example, TFA)?

And through the weekend, will it also have a smaller premium footprint?

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

It's 43M collected so far, not an estimate for total preview number

Does kinda make me think that maybe that mid-50s comps I had might be on point though.

Not sure how much of the West Coast has actually been inputted though.  Like, is it counting sales already made?  Or is it only going to count showings once they've officially happened.

Kinda thinking it has to be the former and it's only reporting what has already been logged in.

Just a strange way to write it all the way around.

Just now, Porthos said:

Does kinda make me think that maybe that mid-50s comps I had might be on point though.

Not sure how much of the West Coast has actually been inputted though.  Like, is it counting sales already made?  Or is it only going to count showings once they've officially happened.

Kinda thinking it has to be the former and it's only reporting what has already been logged in.

Just a strange way to write it all the way around.

It's gotta be all presales, b/c if it only counted West Coast shows through 7pm, and Mountain through 8pm (and didn't count all the already sold tickets for later shows)...you could conceivably get to almost $70M...which I think is too high...

We don’t even know if it counts showings already bought but not yet begun. They somehow managed to publish an early preview article that is even more opaque than normal.    

We’ll have to employ the radical strategy suggested by Cap at the end of Homecoming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2