Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't feel the article was written badly at all? Sure it's just a bunch of fluff, but they're saying that the movie has made $43M in previews so far. Seems pretty basic.

It would be nice if they told us whether pre-sales were included in that number or not. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't feel the article was written badly at all? Sure it's just a bunch of fluff, but they're saying that the movie has made $43M in previews so far. Seems pretty basic.

My issue is the clickbait title. It sounded like it was estimated to have made 43M in previews, not "so far collected 43M in previews"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Those that have just walked out of their showings, without spoilers, how wild did your crowd get throughout the movie

My crowd cheered at all the right parts, and there was loud sobbing in a few places, too. And solid applause afterward.

I loved it!

Let us look to the past

IW and CW and CM both did a bit below expectations for previews but recovered very strongly over the weekend as its a Marvel Movie...

Remember when IW broke the Saturday Record by 13 million dollars lol

So I think we may infact not see the preview record fall but the rest of the weekend? .... 

3 minutes ago, Premium George said:

@Jatinder why does comscore doesn't show preview numbers? 

Depend on the distributor. Like for South Indian films they report the previews on Thursday itself but now distributor make exceptions there as well. Like Baahubali 2 they reported previews with Friday.

Mostly because a bigger opening day is better PR. That's my 2 cents.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

So I take we are panicking over early DHD numbers right?

It feels like BOT only has two moods. Full panic meltdown mode or full celebration mode. There is no middle ground

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Jatinder said:

Depend on the distributor. Like for South Indian films they report the previews on Thursday itself but now distributor make exceptions there as well. Like Baahubali 2 they reported previews with Friday.

Mostly because a bigger opening day is better PR. That's my 2 cents.

Also, why can't you see preview numbers like you do with normal days?

1 minute ago, dakus said:

Why does Deadline always have such shitty writing? It shouldn't be so hard to decipher a simple article about a box office number. Are they including the presales for the later previews or not?

at least they didn't give the shitty deadline range : 43 to 50-55+ some say it could do as high as 57 while 60+ cannot be ruled out. with k12 being x% off rival studios are hinting at 65. sources are keeping an eye on the west coast because the number could be pushed to 70+.

• Like 2
  • Haha 13