Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

Just now, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Maybe it’s because this movie is unique in that it had the biggest presales of all time AND it is playing around the clock at some theaters. I know that Empire in NY is playing it all night. That is why they are leaving room to grow. They may know the presales but have no idea about walk ups for so many show times. I am not defending Deadline. They are a hot mess some times.

I guess that may work, but if they know presales for Thursday then imo that number shouldn't be too far from actuals, since Thursday's are very ps heavy.

True Friday is easily the biggest wild card to consider. We all know the previews are massive, but how much of a factor will it play in terms of how it holds up during the day. We saw Star Wars come down to earth after a earth shattering 57m preview number to “only” 62m for true Friday. Endgame is gonna satisfy a ton of demand tonight so will it follow suit? We know Marvel’s biggest strength is longevity throughout the OW so it really is tough to pinpoint how it’s gonna play out. 

Good times ahead!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

No, I'm seeing it tomorrow lol.  Just wanted to see High Life tonight.  Thought it was excellent too, definitely recommend people check it out

Oh crap, that's out?

Too bad none of the theaters near me are playing it...

:whosad::whosad:

2 minutes ago, blackspider said:

True Friday is easily the biggest wild card to consider. We all know the previews are massive, but how much of a factor will it play in terms of how it holds up during the day. We saw Star Wars come down to earth after a earth shattering 57m preview number to “only” 62m for true Friday. Endgame is gonna satisfy a ton of demand tonight so will it follow suit? We know Marvel’s biggest strength is longevity throughout the OW so it really is tough to pinpoint how it’s gonna play out. 

Good times ahead!

TFA "low" Friday was due to holidays deflating its OW, Endgame won't have that so it will have a much better increase. I expect the true Friday record to be easily smashed.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, blackspider said:

Good times ahead!

imo EG is not gonna slow this week end lol did you see the sellout update all over the place ... :D

People can t see the movie in descent seat all over the week end.

Expect mass spillover during the weakdays and the next WE :D

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

I guess that may work, but if they know presales for Thursday then imo that number shouldn't be too far from actuals, since Thursday's are very ps heavy.

Right now we don’t know anything. It would have probably been better if Deadline offered nothing until they had a clearer picture after midnight. They did mention schools being out, so that is why I think their estimate is leaving room open for more walk ups as the night plays out. As I said, who knows though? 

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

TFA "low" Friday was due to holidays deflating its OW, Endgame won't have that so it will have a much better increase. I expect the true Friday record to be easily smashed.

Truth, 70m+ true Friday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bonenash said:

imo EG is not gonna slow this week end lol did you see the sellout update all over the place ... :D

People can t see the movie in descent seat all over the week end.

Expect mass spillover during the weakdays and the next WE :D

This

Endgame is basically everything I wanted it to be. I'm satisfied (also a very emotional boy HELP)

38 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

when we get the real numbers we all gonna be like

r6bwZbk.gif&key=ffc83642a23c1b2afff9cda5

I saw this trailer for the first time tonight in front of Endgame. I am in awe.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Right now we don’t know anything. It would have probably been better if Deadline offered nothing until they had a clearer picture after midnight. They did mention schools being out, so that is why I think their estimate is leaving room open for more walk ups as the night plays out. As I said, who knows though? 

Perhaps. Still I doubt that estimate includes all presales. We'll see by morning how it goes

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

No doubt the holidays played a factor but Endgame still has to face a traditional Friday work day with all schools in session. That does put a cap on its potential. I still think this breaks True Friday record easily but like I mentioned in a earlier post, with such massive previews this will be behave more like TFA on Friday then switch to typical Marvel patterns on Saturday and Sunday IMO.

1) Just got out and I give it a 9/10

2) Deadline can suck it with that headline. As of 5pm my time, at my theater, it was already 48% ahead of Infinity War. @Porthos theaters (exact) we’re almost 40% ahead. 

Its not coming in below $53m, I guarantee that. 

• Like 2