Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

I heard from my cousin and friends who seen it today who call it the Return of the King of Comic Book Films...

Although I've never been a big MCU fan, I've only seen I think 6 of the 22 films, but this does feel like the end of something massive for the first time since ROTK, but only ROTK can ROTK the Oscahs.  I think Harry Potter was too niche.

37 minutes ago, blackspider said:

True Friday is easily the biggest wild card to consider. We all know the previews are massive, but how much of a factor will it play in terms of how it holds up during the day. We saw Star Wars come down to earth after a earth shattering 57m preview number to “only” 62m for true Friday. Endgame is gonna satisfy a ton of demand tonight so will it follow suit? We know Marvel’s biggest strength is longevity throughout the OW so it really is tough to pinpoint how it’s gonna play out. 

Good times ahead!

It would be impossible for a movie with the kind of WOM this will generate to be too too frontloaded

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

Although I've never been a big MCU fan, I've only seen I think 6 of the 22 films, but this does feel like the end of something massive for the first time since ROTK, but only ROTK can ROTK the Oscahs.  I think Harry Potter was too niche.

....HP is definitely not niche

On 4/23/2019 at 5:42 PM, Water Bottle said:

it's not official until Thursday but the sale is live. get a Gold Account for half off for the month or for a quarter off for the whole year!

Question. Can the year be stacked on each one other? I have a month left. Didn’t know I bought now would that mean the new year starts in a month?

Just now, The Futurist said:

Your Edgy posts quota for the day has sadly past.

I don't think I'm gonna break many people's hearts by saying AIW was a piece of shit.  Just like I'm not gonna break people's hearts by saying I liked AIW.  I thought that was the consensus for both those films?

• Haha 3
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

I don't think I'm gonna break many people's hearts by saying AIW was a piece of shit.  Just like I'm not gonna break people's hearts by saying I liked AIW.  I thought that was the consensus for both those films?

Speaking as an AIW stan, I'm afraid we can no longer be friends.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

Can you explain why AIW was a piece of shit and why you liked AIW?

• Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, Menor said:

I'd be disappointed in anything below 55 million tbh, with so much hype behind it it should at least put a scare in TFA's record

Agreed. 55m is a good baseline as it also represents a 41% increase over Infinity War’s 39m preview gross which improved 41% over Age of Ultons 27.6m. Considering finale factor, great reviews, sellout reports, etc etc we should see a number exceeding this.

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Question. Can the year be stacked on each one other? I have a month left. Didn’t know I bought now would that mean the new year starts in a month?

Gold should start right away.  If not let me know.  In any case I can add $10 to your account for your month of premium remaining

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

it feels that way too me

I mean LOTR movies weren't even that much over the HP movies worldwide (Sorcerer's Stone beat FOTR, Chamber of Secrets was just behind TTT, ROTK beat all until DH2 but with finale bump it's not a fair comparison) so I don't get how HP would be niche if LOTR isn't

2 minutes ago, blackspider said:

Agreed. 55m is a good baseline as it also represents a 41% increase over Infinity War’s 39m preview gross which improved 41% over Age of Ultons 27.6m. Considering finale factor, great reviews, sellout reports, etc etc we should see a number exceeding this.

To be honest I had it pegged at 60m, but the unusual behavior from Deadline has me thinking there is potential for an even bigger upside than I thought. But I'll stay conservative with 55+ for now.