The Wild Eric

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

12 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I loved Infinity War. 10/10. This 7/10. 

Yeah, there was def some things that are going to piss people off. But there is also plenty of stuff for everyone to enjoy.

Just now, AndyK said:

Yeah, there was def some things that are going to piss people off. But there is also plenty of stuff for everyone to enjoy.

especially the third act at least for me it was fantastic and i think audience will love it

22 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I'm confused because he gave 8/10 on Twitter. But he said Ultron is at the same level of JL 😅

Ultron was one of the worst MCU movies and by far the worst Avengers movie. 6/10 from me, maybe lower. Avengers 1 and IW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ultron and honestly Endgame based on the trailers alone which show nothing compete with Ultron too so the movie will likely be better about 25 minutes in. Only redeeming thing about Ultron was Hawkeye's backstory with his family.  Come @ me with it, JMO...

Edited by jaybox

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I think they pulled it off as well as they could of tbh

Not to excuse any criticisms people have over the film but this and Infinity War could have been complete disasters. 

they really could the fact that they pulled this films off at least for the most people says a lot

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I loved Infinity War. 10/10. This 7/10. 

Well, IW didn't get to becoming my #1 MCU film until multiple rewatches, and a lot of people are saying EG gets better on rewatches as well. So.... maybe the same can happen to you too, don't lose hope just yet.

Also, I've been rewatching some of the movies before Endgame - saw Iron Man, Avengers, Winter Soldier, Guardians and Ultron amongst these. Opinions mostly still the same on those. Age Of Ultron I am slightly more lenient on than before, as it is a mildly entertaining rollercoaster ride with a fun James Spader performance and great special effects, and little moments of brilliance spread throughout; but a messy rushjob of a movie, with a structure that rapidly moves from A to Z while feeling way too empty on the inside, in a way that no other of the big team-up movies ever felt, and a script that really fails to balance the humor and intensity of the situation correctly imo. I really don't care about Ultron as a villain and never took him at all seriously, and that right there just sucked the investment out of it, even if his presence is fun and his motivation is somewhat understandable, although his origin makes little sense if you ask me. And then there are things in the film that are just flat out stupid and shouldn't be there. It's around on par with BVS for me. The others are all still incredibly enjoyable.

Yesterday I rewatched Civil War and it holds better than the last few times I saw it, and I still think it's a good film. I have conflicting opinions about certain aspects, as well as plenty of flaws, but what the film does well, it does incredibly well. The airport fight I still think is a little off-tone from the intensity of the rest of the film and it's not my favorite action sequence of it, but it does recognizes that it's a padded street fight between two sides who really don't wanna fight but feel like they have no choice but to, rather than a true war (the "civil war" is more psychological than anything, and it really blows ahead in the final fight more than anything), and while I wanted a war, it does make sense that the film would be structured that way. Therefore, its entertainment/humor balance makes a lot more sense this rewatch around, not to mention that it fits in the plot perfectly as the dialogue intertwined helps contextualize it. The characters are all really good and have understandable motivations, if you know the series well. I still disagree with the complaints that Tony was out-of-character with his reaction in the third act, and while I do continue to think Cap was a total douche in hiding Bucky as Tony's parent's killer, I also understood why he did it more this time around (Bucky is an innocent man and Cap just wanted to protect him, knowing Tony would full well be able to do something like that). Issues still arise from the cinematography (still awful), the villain's convoluted and convenient plan (his last scene with Panther was great and Bruhl's performance was good, but the overall presentation of the dude didn't do it for me), the opening sequence (shaky cam totally ruined it) and the ending (not as anticlimatic and disappointing as before but still pretty much so, even if I get the why of it happening), but the experience as a whole works well for me.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

UPDATED EXCLUSIVE FRIDAY AM after Thursday 7:04PM post:

As of early last LA time last night, Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame grossed $43M from showtimes that started at 6PM, however, this morning, many believe that a record toppling Star Wars: Force Awakens’ Thursday night ($57M) is in store. Disney typically reports around 8AM. Already off early evening shows, Endgame set a Marvel Thursday night/preview record besting the $39M made by Avengers: Infinity War a year ago.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-opening-weekend-box-office-record-1202602445/

• Astonished 5

Here's the link  btw:

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-opening-weekend-box-office-record-1202602445/

As of early last LA time last night, Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame grossed $43M from showtimes that started at 6PM, however, this morning, many believe that a record toppling Star Wars: Force Awakens’ Thursday night ($57M) is in store. Disney typically reports around 8AM. Already off early evening shows, Endgame set a Marvel Thursday night/preview record besting the $39M made by Avengers: Infinity War a year ago.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I can see where Charlie's coming from... It's not paced or delivered anything like IW. Could diminish legs some. We shall see. Quality wise? Probably a bit better as a film. Kind of a greatest hits of the Russos did right in WS, CW and IW package in a 3 hour box.

I enjoyed it a lot but I totally understand that it could be controversial. Honestly when I walked out of the theater, I was surprised it wasn't MORE polarizing tbh. It definitely makes some interesting choices that could rub people the wrong way but is a very fun theatrical experience so maybe that counts more for folks.