The Wild Eric

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

I don't understand the Infinity War love. I understand why they did it and I understand that people love nonstop action. But nearly the entire time I watched it always expecting something bad to happen which did. Did felt like deathly hallows part 1 to me. Depressing moody and incomplete.

I mean Jesus I was happier after the end of venom and he eats people.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, RtheEnd said:

There is,  the preview data is very restrictive depends on your level of access as to if you see anything and if so what you see (you may only see preview data for a selected criteria). DL do have a source(s) with some level of access(who may not see everything) They were wrong to go with initial 43m though. 

Even general access is restrictive, You could have 5 people looking at say AEG Friday data at a given point in time and they may all see a different result depending on level of access(even at the highest summary level) . The distributor of a  film sees the most data 

Yeah distributor will having it. That's sure.

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I'm confused because he gave 8/10 on Twitter. But he said Ultron is at the same level of JL 😅

I think Charlie has a little different taste... Generally I like Nova, ZeeSoh they both liked it so it's great for me 😄

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I don't understand the Infinity War love. I understand why they did it and I understand that people love nonstop action. But nearly the entire time I watched it always expecting something bad to happen which did. Did felt like deathly hallows part 1 to me. Depressing moody and incomplete.

I mean Jesus I was happier after the end of venom and he eats people.

Depression is my friend.

3 minutes ago, RichWS said:

McGarvey should've Alan Smithee'd himself.

Hard to believe he shot this. I guess he just followed what Whedon wanted ^^. It's that with a lot of the DPs on the MCU films though. They're neutered. Marvel Studios actually develop their own LUTs to be used on the films, so this shows why that there's really a template there that the films can't deviate too much from. That and Marvel refusing to let their filmmakers shoot on film (seriously, Coogler and Morrison wanted to, were told no, Fleck and Boden wanted to shoot some scenes on film, didn't happen) seriously limits how much visual variety and flair there can be in those films. BP is easily one of the most well shot MCU films because Morrison and Coogler wanted to make it really different and distinct, and Morrison addressed the criticisms about the cinematography in Marvel films actually.

And I love the MCU. Same deal with Trent Opaloch, he does great work with Blomkamp (especially Elysium and D9), and then, there's TWS and CW which are great films but look so uninteresting and boring (I do dig the camera work though, it's the lighting that's meh), IW was a bit better. Endgame is more interesting and a step up, although it could be way more interesting visually. I hope they let loose on Phase 4 and allow their directors to make their films visually different, daring, arresting if possible. 

Daredevil might be a TV show but it looks much more striking than anything in the MCU, especially the first two seasons, because they had that latitude obviously. 

I think I loved Endgame more cuz it gave me time to actually breath and plus it had great character moments for me that Infinity War lacked but I still find it hard to compare ether film cuz they're not part 1 and part 2 but I still feel without Infinity War I wouldn't have the character beats that I love so much

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

per deadline update 

Screen Engine/ComScore PostTrak exits exploded with 5 stars and a huge 83% definite recommend.  

A+ cinemascore incoming ?

I think IW had a better comscore 

maybe be I'm wrong

Edited by fabiopazzo2

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's like third best from the last six months.

Not sure the comparison works to be honest, Edngame is such a unique beast for so many reasons.

With Spidey maybe but still animation is a huge cop out, allowing to do things forbidden in live action.

23 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

One of the most beautiful comic book film ever, Whedon is VERY proud of the cinematography done by one of the best Dp in the world.

And he should.

You should check out Agents of Shield. You'll be blown away by the beautiful cinematography week-to-week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sam said:

E!!!

When will you watch the movie? 

Not sure. On my way to Las Vegas right now.

Sam! What's up Marvel Girl! This is it! This is the endgame for the Avengers. Wow. So much fun with you guys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Not sure the comparison works to be honest, Edngame is such a unique beast for so many reasons.

With Spidey maybe but still animation is a huge cop out, allowing to do things forbidden in live action.

for once i'm not the one to say it folks. comparisons are illegal for endgame no marvel ranking in this thread.