The Wild Eric

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

2 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

Am I the only one who thought Endgame was miles better than Infinity War ?

Infinity War 7.7/10

Endgame 10/10

Nah, they both delivered and gave me awesome experiences. I still need to digest EG. I'm about to see it again in less than 2 hours and it'll probably get better since I'll catch the stuff I missed last night from all the laughing and cheering. These movies will most likely flip between 1a and 1b depending on my mood.

Avengers Endgame is the 5th best movie of all  time :

Top Rated Movies

Top 250 as rated by IMDb Users

Showing 250 Titles

Rank & Title IMDb Rating Your Rating  
Les évadés 1. Les évadés (1994) 9,2

Le parrain 2. Le parrain (1972) 9,2

Le parrain, 2ème partie 3. Le parrain, 2ème partie (1974) 9,0

The Dark Knight: Le chevalier noir 4. The Dark Knight: Le chevalier noir (2008) 9,0

Avengers: Endgame 5. Avengers: Endgame (2019) 8,9

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

I mean I loved the Thor scene and I loved lot of moments but the more and more I think about it......Infinity War isn't in my top 5. It had all the right pieces but they just screwed it up hardcore IMO. Mind you it's totally worth it for End Game I bet just like DH 1 was for DH2. I need to watch them together as well.

I am not a fan of superhero movies but, Infinitt War.... God. What a non-sense of the use of their powers (could have defeated Thanos since the beginning), the protagonists trying to be funny but failing, and the most predictable scene I've ever seen in a movie near the end....

Chit. That's the reason why I am not going to see EndGame. Much less if its lasting 3 hours :s

Just now, Krissykins said:

Eek I’m a bit concerned at the “not as good as Infinity War” comments seeing as I think IW is a 3/5 movie (at best) 

Maybe I’ll think the opposite! Will find out tomorrow night 

They're different movies.  One review called AEG the Brain to AIWs Brawn and I think that's on point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Eek I’m a bit concerned at the “not as good as Infinity War” comments seeing as I think IW is a 3/5 movie (at best) 

Weirdly, people who weren't as high on IW seem to have a higher opinion on Endgame from what I've seen (unless you're not a big fan of MCU/superhero movies in general)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Menor said:

I just really love that movie. The Jabba's palace opening is incredibly fun, the camaraderie is great, it's full of emotion, and the climax is unbelievably awesome.

And that music in both the final space  and throne room battles.... Oh my... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I had set a target for Endgame to achieve for Friday at 10 AM EST. Well thing is, it has crossed that already. Though I will give my officially early estimate update 60-90 mins from now, but we have $80mn Friday in play.

A $100mn Saturday looks to be in play as well... crazy.

8 minutes ago, Menor said:

I just really love that movie. The Jabba's palace opening is incredibly fun, the camaraderie is great, it's full of emotion, and the climax is unbelievably awesome.

The opening is fantastic, maybe my favorite sequence out of any SW movies but it severely trails off after that with the nadir being the Ewoks and ooh another Death Star.

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I think the first 2 hours had wonderful character work and interactions and the middle section was probably my favorite in the film.

I also loved the first two hours.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Dont worry, I and most critics like endgame better

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

Am I the only one who thought Endgame was miles better than Infinity War ?

Infinity War 7.7/10

Endgame 10/10

You are definitely in the extreme minority. 

Edit: Endgame "miles better" than Infinity War? Thinking about your statement yet again, yes, you are the only one. 

Edited by PPZVGOS
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 2

Personally wasn't a fan of the 2nd hour but I think your mileage there is gonna vary on how big of a fan you are of the Marvel films as a whole. I thought the first hour was quite good though.

• Like 2