Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

5 hours ago, Deathlife said:

Still remember the first Avengers weekend (i joined around that time), absolute madness (made more fun by folks that never believed it could break the record).

Hope this weekend is just as fun. 

Yeah it's not nearly as sweet without all the "not a record"s.

Whatever happened to Nikki Finke anyways? 

11 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Also from Deadline, even though nobody cares

Godly CM drop, albeit not as strong as Black Panther's....yet.

Sucks for Shazam though. Thought for sure it would've gotten some of that Endgame spillover. But hey, the night is still young.

Wow!
I had joked that CM would be #2 this weekend in last weekend's thread... who knew!

Also, It is quite possible we will have an overall weekend gross of 400 million. That is insane!

29 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

That fool John Campea was talking all month that Endgame wouldn’t even come close too 300 mil ow 

Always felt those kind of talk (or impossible for Star Wars to do 200m because it is December) are not really based on anything more than just, pretty much nothing.

4 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

My post from IW last year...

If Endgame matches those IW numbers... 

That would be a $163.6 mil OD! With the same OW multiplier, that's a $396.5 mil OW!!!

Obviously the previews are going to skew the weekend numbers. But I think it at best it's looking at a 3.0 OW-Total multiplier. And for $1 bil to happen, it would need a $370 mil OW.

I guess everyone just has me on ignore...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Wrath said:

Deathly Hallows was crazy in all aspects. When the book came out, it came out and midnight and my wife made me go stand in line for an hour to buy the freaking thing. It was actually kind of fun because the line went all the way around the block. A bunch of folks had camped out and were wearing costumes.

I remember that as well. I also remember camping outside the record store until midnight Monday nights so I could buy CDs that were just released. Ah, how the internet and digital delivery has made life so much better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

As soon as I post something about Campea under predicting Endgame. He has another live show about to start here in 15 minutes to discuss the 300+ mil ow!

Why don't someone point out his hypocrisy.... Man If I would have been famous on YouTube I would have called him out on stupid predictions and other things and Hulk smash him 😎

5 hours ago, jaybox said:

Congrats to Endgame! Can't believe 300 million is happening (I still believe Force Awakens would've done it or come extremely close if it was released in the summer). Crazy. Theoretically, how high can an opening go? Could we see a 375-400 million opener within the next 10 years?

With inflation yes.