Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

9 minutes ago, Noodlebug said:

I'm starting to think it can beat Avatar in both DOM and WW.

I mean there’s very little chance this can miss either if its opening to 350+ in both China and DOM

EDIT: thought you said TFA DOM, Avatar DOM is so toast it’s not even funny 

Edited by MovieMan89

The 2am - 4am shows at Empire 25 NYC are starting to fill up for tonight!

Between midnight and 5:59am, they have 14 showtimes, almost the same as last night except they have a full half day of showtimes from 6am -6pm in addition to what they had last night. 

And even still most showings for Saturday are already nearly full or sold out. 

WTF is this movie?!?!

I certainly don't want to put the cart before the horse.   But let me just drop this.   We Might (bolded and capitalized for emphasis) be looking at a 200 million second weekend

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 3

1 minute ago, VanillaSkies said:

The 2am - 4am shows at Empire 25 NYC are starting to fill up for tonight!

Between midnight and 5:59am, they have 14 showtimes, almost the same as last night except they have a full half day of showtimes from 6am -6pm in addition to what they had last night. 

And even still most showings for Saturday are already nearly full or sold out. 

WTF is this movie?!?!

MCU is like a SW film on its opening day and like a kids movie on Saturday 

• Like 2

Just now, DAR said:

I certainly don't want to put the cart before the horse.   But let me just drop this.   We Might (bolded and capitalized for emphasis) be looking at a 200 million second weekend

eh I think the target is 150 million really... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAR said:

The chance is real. All of my friends, literally ALL of them, want to see this movie for a second time. Let's also hope for that A+ cinemascore.

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

If it beats TLJ OW you will hear my laugh across this forum like Palpatine’s in TROS trailer. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Looks like I played myself.

People really overestimate GoT. He's it's big and all but nobody cares much.. Many of my friends have lost interest in it after season 5

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Not surprised at how huge these numbers are getting. This is the event film of my generation. Everyone I know is talking about it. 

I would globally as an event, its the biggest of the decade easily... 

5 minutes ago, DAR said:

Does it have the necessary word of mouth? Because w/o superb word of mouth, that is not remotely possible.