Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, Nero said:

People really overestimate GoT. He's it's big and all but nobody cares much.. Many of my friends have lost interest in it after season 5

Well, actually, it's viewership has been climbing steadly from the beginning. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_Thrones_episodes

But I think the fact that you can watch if from home and that there are enough people who don't watch it who won't get tickets until sunday night, will make the effect neglectable.

These numbers are mind boggling to me. I was one of those who didnt think 300M OW was logistically possible. Shows what i know.

So for the posters on here who are obviosuly much smarter than me. What are we looking at here in terms of the floor for this thing.? How much could it possibly make when its all said and done looking at the number we have thus far?

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Then it wouldn’t be getting the kind of WOM it is because it wouldn’t be as good of a film and the OW would be worse.

I am talking hypothetically.. With same run time as IW but just as great movie... 

1 minute ago, sdeezy said:

These numbers are mind boggling to me. I was one of those who didnt think 300M OW was logistically possible. Shows what i know.

So for the posters on here who are obviosuly much smarter than me. What are we looking at here in terms of the floor for this thing.? How much could it possibly make when its all said and done looking at the number we have thus far?

Well the thing with number so big the numbers can adjust radically but the demand is so huge the numbers could go even higher. 

GOT is huge but it’s not a sporting event in which you HAVE to watch it live. You can literally watch it whenever you want wherever you want. And if anything, End Game is such an event that it would more likely effect GOT than GOT affect it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Any GoT hype is getting totally swallowed by EG this weekend. And I say that as someone who loves GoT. If people have to choose and Sunday night is their only chance to see EG this weekend, that will be the priority. 

East coast you go to a 4pm showing of EG, come home in time for GOT

• Like 1

Stunning preview gross and projected opening day gross for Endgame! If the $140-150M projected opening day gross is accurate, that means Endgame's True Friday gross is $80-90M. That is absolutely insane, and decimates all other opening True Friday grosses, including Infinity War's already impressive record. It's hard to believe that it is true, it is so good. To me, the estimated True Friday gross is its most impressive feat thus far. The previews are bonkers too, but at least semi-understandable (given increasing preview grosses over time, more reserved seating with seats booked in advance, etc). And yet, I still didn't think it could outdo The Force Awakens' preview gross, because that was based on years of pent up nostalgia. So, I'm truly blown away on all accounts. 

Best Opening True Fridays (i.e. Opening Friday sans Thursday Previews)

1. Avengers: Endgame — 80.0 to 90.0 million (est.)
  2. Avengers: Infinity War — 67.3 million
  3. Jurassic World — 63.5 million
  4. Star Wars: The Force Awakens — 62.1 million
  5. Marvel's The Avengers — 62.1 million
  6. Star Wars: The Last Jedi — 59.7 million
  7. Avengers: Age of Ultron — 56.8 million
  8. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice — 53.9 million
  9. Iron Man 3 — 53.3 million
  10. Incredibles 2 — 52.8 million
  11. Furious 7 — 51.6 million
  12. Black Panther — 50.7 million
  13. Captain America: Civil War — 50.5 million
  14. Spider-Man 3 — 49.8 million
  15. The Dark Knight — 48.7 million
  16. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 — 47.6 million

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

If Saturday is $90M+, which looks to be almost a given at this point, spillover effect is gonna propel it to a great drop Game of Thrones be damned. I'll be shocked if it's more than Infinity War's 15.7% decline.

I'm not understanding this GOT argument at all anyways. 

There are more than enough non GOT fans to fill up the evening shows Sunday night. I mean, this isn't the Superbowl we are talking about with 100 million + views. It'll be 15 million or so viewers at best... 

Edited by VanillaSkies
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

GOT is huge but it’s not a sporting event in which you HAVE to watch it live. You can literally watch it whenever you want wherever you want. And if anything, End Game is such an event that it would more likely effect GOT than GOT affect it. 

Think the issue with GoT is that it's THE episode - where loads of "things" could happen. In that respect, I think a lot of people WILL want to watch live, to avoid spoilers. Still not enough to truly impact EG.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

East coast you go to a 4pm showing of EG, come home in time for GOT

But not it the only non-sellout conflicts with GoT. People will prioritize EG. People don’t want to go back to work/school on Monday and be left out.

Edited by MovieMan89