Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

3 minutes ago, Stewart said:

Yes! Thank you!

Whether you're the only person in the theatre or it's packed, it's so easy (and morally good) to take it with you why wouldn't you? 

Some argue that there's people employed and it's "their job" to do that. It might be so, but they have plenty of other screens to clean and have other jobs to complete as well. 

As a former theater employee, I can tell you from experience, feel more sympathy for the concession employees than the ushers cleaning theaters on a busy weekend. 

As long as the theater is competent and properly staffed, cleaning packed theaters are pretty easy. Have like 4-5 people with giant trash bags work top to bottom, grabbing big trash items. Then have 1-2 people with a push broom follow them and push trash to the side of the aisles. Have remaining people sweep up piles. Done

Being in concession, you’re on your own and the lines never quit. I’ve always felt more helpless in concessions.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Sorry guys, America, France, China, Phillipines, england, Sweden, Brazil, Hungary, Russia etc, you (we) are cancelled, only one country knew there was only one way :

255px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png

I kindly ask to free this wise country and all of its citizens from the threadban.

Yup, the country where it matters most. You said something decent for the 1st time ever.

Luckily Endgame is blowing right through the OD record here as well with no issue, so yeah, we are wise, indeed.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, blackspider said:

As a former theater employee, I can tell you from experience, feel more sympathy for the concession employees than the ushers cleaning theaters on a busy weekend. 

As long as the theater is competent and properly staffed, cleaning packed theaters are pretty easy. Have like 4-5 people with giant trash bags work top to bottom, grabbing big trash items. Then have 1-2 people with a push broom follow them and push trash to the side of the aisles. Have remaining people sweep up piles. Done

Being in concession, you’re on your own and the lines never quit. I’ve always felt more helpless in concessions.

You had a great chain then, working as an usher at AMC was horrible on any weekend.

12 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Superhero movies have a glass ceiling age wise.

That being said, if one movie can break the usual rules, it is this one.

I'll have to disagree with this, CBM get the younger crowd from the spectacle and hype, they get the older crowd from nostalgia. They just have to be true to the source material. There were plenty of older people coming to watch Endgame today by themselves where I work. 

16 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

the wom appears to  be insanely good tho

It was also insanely good for Infinity Wars also there’s more competition. Still a $900M DOM off a $350M OW is more than respectable legs. 

48 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

what sociopolitical driving force did The Martian, Gravity or Inception have?

None of those movies were the highest grossing films of all time.  

10 minutes ago, blackspider said:

That's the opposite at my theater, Usher's on their own while we have 5 people in conecessions dealing with customers.  And honestly? Today was only mildly more busy than a normal Friday morning, probably even less. It's a bit like a bell curve, if a movies not good/has no hype it's not going to be busy (The Intruder and Uglydolls next week for reference or basically any horror movie on a Friday morning), If a movie has hype but isn't a must see (Non-avengers Marvel movies) it'll be horribly busy as people come up to by tickets, However, if a movie's hype is off the charts and everyone wants to watch it a few times (Avengers movies and main lline star wars) then it's dead. Because all the tickets are sold, and the only limiting factor on getting people through concessions is waiting for their theater to be cleaned to let them in building. For all that every theater of EG sold out today the line for concession never got longer than 3 groups at a register (aside from when customers were retarded and decided that 5 open registers meant we only needed one line).